ALLOA VS NEW RANGERS SEMI TIE

Wasps1

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£50k?

Where is that money coming from, given Sky or BT Sport wouldn't pay for a Challenge Cup match and the game is being played at Alloa's stadium?

He's not that far off the mark tbh. I remember the day after the play off game at home to Dunfermline it was the rugby clubs agm and one of the Alloa directors who has a involvement in the rugby club mentioned that the club had pocketed £40k from the game.

Gate money alba tv sponsorship etc 50 k no probs

Yeah, come to think of it if they sold 3000 tickets at £20 they'd make £60,000 so I take back what I said.

Television money won't be much though.

Then again, if Challenge Cup gates get split between the two teams Alloa would only make about £30,000

Alba only paid £10,000 for the tv rights to the play-off final for us a few years back. Also seem to remember Mike saying that was split between the 4 semi finalists but don't quote me on that!

Think this will be the only Rangers game il bother going to this season

Would rather have played the Fifers, but hey-ho. Already read a couple of things implying Rangers are already in the final, so at least there's no pressure. Christ knows who people would support in a Livingston - Rangers final, so hopefully we can do something about that horrible choice.

Yeah, come to think of it if they sold 3000 tickets at £20 they'd make £60,000 so I take back what I said.

Even if we charge as much as £20 a head, then that's £16 net of VAT, so £48,000 to be split 50/50 before costs = £24,000 gross. At £18 a head (£14.40 net) it works out at under £22,000 gross. (I've not checked these figures with a calculator, so they might be slightly out.)

• 2 weeks later...

Even if we charge as much as £20 a head, then that's £16 net of VAT, so £48,000 to be split 50/50 before costs = £24,000 gross. At £18 a head (£14.40 net) it works out at under £22,000 gross. (I've not checked these figures with a calculator, so they might be slightly out.)

The calculations need to consider senior/school kid concessions at about 1 for every 3 full price spectators.

Archived