Dumbarton v Rangers

Another daftie making things up to suit his own agenda.

There was absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

We have been told for the last three seasons that opposing supporters sitting/ standing side by side is quite common in the lower leagues.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the point of McCulloch, in the event of Rangers promotion he is one obvious candidate you would expect to be jettisoned pronto. Simply not good enough for life in the Premiership.

A forward being played as a central defender, i blame the manager more than the player.

We have been told for the last three seasons that opposing supporters sitting/ standing side by side is quite common in the lower leagues.

nonsense, nobody wants opposition football fans in the home end especially not old firm fans, part of the reason we support a local team is to escape your bigotry!!

Funnily enough they don't, I stood in the home end at quite a few away grounds during our journey up the divisions, never a single hint of trouble despite quite a bit of celebrating when goals were scored, I have noticed a few Dumbarton fans suggesting that had the score been closer then it may have invited trouble, again I would say this is nonsense, I was in the home end in the 2:2 draw vs Peterhead, it was packed with supporters from both sides, the banter was all very good natured despite the mixed crowd, 2 clowns were swiftly ejected by plod when they started a song about the pope but apart from this the police and stewards kept a sensible low key position.

Maybe the locals in Dumbarton are some how different?

We had a great day/Night in the Peterhead Social Club when we went up and stayed overnight. Great place as was Berwick and Elgin among other places.

To the wee daftie newbie who replied to my previous post. Go back and read previous match threads from lower division posters over the last couple of years before passing comment

This! get pissed off with the shite posted on here after every big bad Rangers game! Enjoyed a beer with a couple of visting Hearts fans in the Louden Stadium bar before the opener this season, and two Hibs lads in the Bellrock before the Monday night game, no problem at all.

On occasion we have had no segregation. This is perfectly fine for midweek game against the likes Alloa, a team with no history of fan violence.

On Saturday there was segregation, surely you understand your argument that sometimes fans aren't segregated is pointless.

We aren't complaining about there not being segregation; we are complaining about it being not being enforced.

I'm sure there were Rangers fans in the home end that watched the game quietly and no one could guess they were Rangers fans. I don't think these people should be kicked out, couldn't. I don't think they should be there in the first place, but that's a different matter.

However, people jumping up and celebrating should be kicked out - they openly support the opposing side - if they aren't being dealt with, what's the point of segration in the first place?

This! get pissed off with the shite posted on here after every big bad Rangers game! Enjoyed a beer with a couple of visting Hearts fans in the Louden Stadium bar before the opener this season, and two Hibs lads in the Bellrock before the Monday night game, no problem at all.

...Truth hurts?

In reply to the comment about no trouble at Peterhead / Elgin...

The sectarian problem in this country is at it's worst in the west of Scotland, obviously there's more chance of trouble down here than up there.

:lol:

Obviously never been in the Peterhead Social Club. I haven't heard the Ould Battle Hymns they were playing for 20 years...As i said...What a night :thumsup2

Perhaps you are so damaged from years of supporting Rangers that you believe away fans 'squaring up' to home fans, in the HOME section of a football stadium is 'normal', do you?

So the big bad Rangers supporters were just squaring up to Random Home fans..Is this what you want me to believe?

I said earlier i have been in the opposition end on occasion and have never had any problems. Quite the opposite i have enjoyed most of the times. That said being in the opposite end does't mean i am going to meekly sit there and take abuse from idiots either. If somebody was to tell me to 'f**k Off' for example i think squaring up to them is the least i would be doing.

We stopped off in the Kilmarnock arms in Cruden bay which was strange, it even had the club crest outside, was going to ask the Killie fan about it, but then thought what is the point.

Great roll on sausage though.

He has been posted missing since his wee meltdown..I have seen him viewing the threads but not making any comment

So the big bad Rangers supporters were just squaring up to Random Home fans..Is this what you want me to believe?

I said earlier i have been in the opposition end on occasion and have never had any problems. Quite the opposite i have enjoyed most of the times. That said being in the opposite end does't mean i am going to meekly sit there and take abuse from idiots either. If somebody was to tell me to 'f**k Off' for example i think squaring up to them is the least i would be doing.

from what I saw of the incident if it was the one near the front , it was a case of handbags at ten paces with the rangers fan quite clearly shouting "dont even touch me or put your hands on me" which is what turned my attention to the commotion, it was over within seconds of a couple of steward seperating it and the rangers fans did not even move and sat infront of the dumbarton fans for the rest of the game no problem. cant remember if it was after the pen save or our first goal

I really don't care what you believe, mate. I have simply expressed my opinion and recalled my experience of Saturday.

Archived