clydebank

hague

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Clydebank cant win the top juniors league so they think f**k it let try the lowlands lol f**k come to think about it has Clydebank won a junior league????? Maybe the central second

Aye, but in the same time frame since they've been junior, how many of the LL participants have won the eos league?

Nowhere near half them so why would they enter LL?

No gonna count the SOS with Dalbeattie and threave as most others were poor and both dropped out the eos without ever threatening to win it.

Where would they stand regarding licensing? I'm not au fait with all the requirements so just wondering about something like sharing a ground?

I am not an expert but i believe BSC glasgow are playing at Maryhill's ground.

I did notice a Twitter spat a few days ago between pro-pyramid and anti-pyramid Bankies fans. Is it correct that there is something in their club constitution about one day playing in the Seniors or SFL (as was)?

No gonna count the SOS with Dalbeattie and threave as most others were poor and both dropped out the eos without ever threatening to win it.

In 2009 the EOS Premier went down to a Dalbeattie-Spartans last-day decider?!?!

EDIT: I see there's a thread about the idea in the Junior sub-forum. Fairly bland by usual standards except the very idea seems to have RRG "rattled" :lol:!!

I did notice a Twitter spat a few days ago between pro-pyramid and anti-pyramid Bankies fans. Is it correct that there is something in their club constitution about one day playing in the Seniors or SFL (as was)?

In 2009 the EOS Premier went down to a Dalbeattie-Spartans last-day decider?!?!

EDIT: I see there's a thread about the idea in the Junior sub-forum. Fairly bland by usual standards except the very idea seems to have RRG "rattled" :lol:!!

If we wait long enough, they will be saying he's on verge of tears & he'll be accusing them of a swing & a miss. :P

Incidentally, I noticed that the Shanner sock puppet account of JimBaxters has suddenly become active over there again merely to red dot RRG. Time the mods (well, Jamie, since TheOldNortherner is a lost cause) started getting a grip on obvious "dotting accounts" by banning accounts lying dormant for months at a time & mysteriously only becoming active when one of P&Gs resident shitgibbons is taking it all too seriously.

I went over to the thread in question & couldn't believe what I was reading, & to be honest I could understand RRG's exasperation.

After two years worth of holier than thou from certain quarters over the purity of staying in the Juniors & no interest in ever getting back into the national league, lo & behold a U-turn over the very matter I was shot down for suggesting in the past: to wit, that Bankies supporters would become born again "pyramiders" when the wheels came off their wagon, the teenie glory hunters declined in numbers when times turned hard, & all they had left were memories & lodging at Yoker's grubby ground for all that money spent.

Even more laughable, one of the resident Talbot loudmouthers forever blasting the fiery trumpet against the monstrous regiment of LL was saying he couldn't blame them if they cut & ran for the reasons outlined above.

Exactly what was predicted would happen looks like it's starting to happen - all those mighty principles preached over here by the self-proclaimed Junior "stalwarts" junked faster than Italian alliances in wars for convenience, & to blazes that Clydebank's first & foremost concern ought to be a proper ground with scope for development.

Only in Scotland.

If we wait long enough, they will be saying he's on verge of tears & he'll be accusing them of a swing & a miss. :P

Incidentally, I noticed that the Shanner sock puppet account of JimBaxters has suddenly become active over there again merely to red dot RRG. Time the mods (well, Jamie, since TheOldNortherner is a lost cause) started getting a grip on obvious "dotting accounts" by banning accounts lying dormant for months at a time & mysteriously only becoming active when one of P&Gs resident shitgibbons is taking it all too seriously.

I went over to the thread in question & couldn't believe what I was reading, & to be honest I could understand RRG's exasperation.

After two years worth of holier than thou from certain quarters over the purity of staying in the Juniors & no interest in ever getting back into the national league, lo & behold a U-turn over the very matter I was shot down for suggesting in the past: to wit, that Bankies supporters would become born again "pyramiders" when the wheels came off their wagon, the teenie glory hunters declined in numbers when times turned hard, & all they had left were memories & lodging at Yoker's grubby ground for all that money spent.

Even more laughable, one of the resident Talbot loudmouthers forever blasting the fiery trumpet against the monstrous regiment of LL was saying he couldn't blame them if they cut & ran for the reasons outlined above.

Exactly what was predicted would happen looks like it's starting to happen - all those mighty principles preached over here by the self-proclaimed Junior "stalwarts" junked faster than Italian alliances in wars for convenience, & to blazes that Clydebank's first & foremost concern ought to be a proper ground with scope for development.

Only in Scotland.

Agree with most of the post apart from the Italian alliance bit due to family ties, (the Italian people themselves ousted the fascists as they were fed up waiting on the allies. Incidentally my second generation Italian grand father had to join the Clydebank fire service during the war because he was barred from the army)

When I heard about the Clydebank thing a couple of weeks back, I thought it was a wind up. Then I thought about it, the whole BSC Glasgow thing has got a few of them rattled. They will access to SFA money that previously only Talbot and Rose could be almost assured of every year. They were only going to get stronger as the rest of the juniors (who get sweet FA from the SJFA) would fall further behind financially. Each year will see the gulf between those at the top and the rest only get wider.

With this the last year of direct applications to the Lowland League, it makes complete sense that one of the bigger junior clubs who are not likely to feature in the SFA cup every year make an application. I am surprised that it is Clydebank that is first to break ranks but I think a few others will follow suit.

Only a good thing in my opinion.

Archived