Too Good For Too Long

cookieboy

According to the article in the Daily Record The Tartan Army have had it too good for too long on the pricing of the tickets.

Really nice to feel appreciated for all our past support and we should all be grateful our friends at the SFA have kept the price of tickets down in the past.

The correct is answer is they the SFA have had it 'too good for too long' with our support. Scotland fans have paid a small fortune following Scotland teams guided by Vogts/Burley/Levein and now we are actually looking ok they come back and have the cheek to say that after we moan about the huge price increases. What an absolute shower.

Its the fact that they use other examples of sporting events to show how reasonable the price hikes are:

- the Open golf

- FA Cup final / England games at Wembley

Do they not understand that fans have been moaning about these fucking prices for years too! They're all at it - its the neoliberal culture these days. £150 a day for the Ryder Cup. Mental.

£150 a day for the Ryder Cup. Mental.

I'd say that is better value than the Georgia ticket, given how rare the RC in Europe is and how much of an "event" it is.

I'd say that is better value than the Georgia ticket, given how rare the RC in Europe is and how much of an "event" it is.

The point is that ordinary people are being priced right out.

Of course the Ryder Cup can sell-out at these prices - the corporate tickets will all get swallowed up no problem.

Do you think that this policy is OK though?

Do you think that this policy is OK though?

Yeah, I'm a believer in supply and demand.

There are dangers here in that if you disenfranchise too many people, you lose a generation. But ultimately if the SFA want to charge £45-50 a ticket, that's their prerogative.

The bar has now been set.....the fact 35,000 went to the Georgia game has proved their pricing policy correct. They may have cited the rent of Ibrox and/or increased security (though i dont understand that one myself) as mitigating reasons, but when has anyone ever seen a price go down??? Do you think the Chsmpionship clubs charging what they ae currently will just stop when Kinning Park Loyal, Hibs and Hearts get back into the Premier??? Dont be stupid. The match last week was a perfect opportunity to make a stand if anyone wanted to. People made a choice that they were happy to punch their pin in and pay it, end of story. They may have made a difference by missing one match, or even two or three given the next two, in the hope that the point gets made, but they chose not to. I dont see what they have to moan about frankly if they werent prepared to show some discipline and draw a line in the sand.

Well the biggest previous hike i believe was for the last Georgia home match in March 2007, when a ticket for roughly the same area against France costing £18 suddenly becane £25 based on our meteoric rise to 23rd or something in the world at the time. The words 'a-list attraction' and 'comparitive market' stood out for me on the letter in which i was offered the chance to pay more to watch Georgi Demetradze than i had done to watch Thierry Henry. Argentina was £30. To the best of my knowledge, plummeting under the last two cocks had no bearing on what it cost to witness it.

Yeah, I'm a believer in supply and demand.

There are dangers here in that if you disenfranchise too many people, you lose a generation. But ultimately if the SFA want to charge £45-50 a ticket, that's their prerogative.

I think its a depressing policy.

Its the equivalent of the World Cup rights being sold to Sky rather than council telly - its just not right.

The SFA have taken a big risk by hiking the prices so much. The georgia game shouldve been a sell out but hasn't lost them much money.

The problem is however that the ireland game and possibly the england game will be close to sold out which will justify the prices to the SFA.

Piss poor still. the fact we're the dearest in the group is a joke.

This isnt some vicious cycle that fans have been caught up in, everyone has willingly participated and justified the hike for the SFA all on their own. By all means, continue to bury your heads in the sand, and be sure to leave plenty of your arse visible enough, they'll maybe, just maybe, stop pecking at it eventually. No concept of short term pain for long term gain, so the prices are absolutely fair.

This isnt some vicious cycle that fans have been caught up in, everyone has willingly participated and justified the hike for the SFA all on their own. By all means, continue to bury your heads in the sand, and be sure to leave plenty of your arse visible enough, they'll maybe, just maybe, stop pecking at it eventually. No concept of short term pain for long term gain, so the prices are absolutely fair.

Doing well on heads gone may your next shite be a hedgehog

The bar has now been set.....the fact 35,000 went to the Georgia game has proved their pricing policy correct. They may have cited the rent of Ibrox and/or increased security (though i dont understand that one myself) as mitigating reasons, but when has anyone ever seen a price go down??? Do you think the Chsmpionship clubs charging what they ae currently will just stop when Kinning Park Loyal, Hibs and Hearts get back into the Premier??? Dont be stupid. The match last week was a perfect opportunity to make a stand if anyone wanted to. People made a choice that they were happy to punch their pin in and pay it, end of story. They may have made a difference by missing one match, or even two or three given the next two, in the hope that the point gets made, but they chose not to. I dont see what they have to moan about frankly if they werent prepared to show some discipline and draw a line in the sand.

lets see if their pricing policy proves correct for the gibralter game in march ??

Don't think there be even close to 35k at that game at the prices ??

Here...i agree, my own opinion is that its ridiculous, but its obviously fair enough for the thousands who continue to pay it. Thats all they have to justify it with. Im sure a great many of the tickets for Gibraltar will have been shifted already through the season ticket, and any shortfall will be easily made up for the other two home fixtures anyway at a full Hampden at those prices. What sort of moron would pay what they just did for a Georgia match and not think tgey were getting a good deal seing Germany, Ireland and Poland for roughly the same price???

Ireland game looks a sell out. SFA can justify the prices now. I'm not happy with the price hike but it's still worth it for me for some games. Can't see for a second how the Gibraltar game will sell any tickets at this prices though.

Archived