Linlithgow Rose v Raith Rovers

Rovers1992/1993

We're in a possible win win situation. We win the game and we progress to the next round or we lose and it's highly unlikely that the board will continue to back Murray. Personally I think Murray himself will know the magnitude of having to win this game, even he wouldn't be able to use the cliche statements of players being injured etc should we lose. I really think the team will be fired up for this.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're in a possible win win situation. We win the game and we progress to the next round or we lose and it's highly unlikely that the board will continue to back Murray. Personally I think Murray himself will know the magnitude of having to win this game, even he wouldn't be able to use the cliche statements of players being injured etc should we lose. I really think the team will be fired up for this.

Yeah a win-win situation is probably the best way to look at this match.

It's highly unlikely considering the way we are playing but we could do with a 3 or 4 goal win to boost morale a bit.

Yeah a win-win situation is probably the best way to look at this match.

It's highly unlikely considering the way we are playing but we could do with a 3 or 4 goal win to boost morale a bit.

In typical Rovers fashion we'll either lose or draw this game then go on and beat Hearts...

Any fan who wants to see Raith Rovers beaten by a Junior team is off their fucking head.

Any fan? Even Pars or Cowden fans?

True enough, any Rovers fan who wants to see us pumped out the cup by Linlithgow is mental.

And Linlithgow will draw Celtic or Aberdeen away in the next round.

Couldn't begrudge them that. We'd only have ourselves to blame if we got put out the cup at this stage. We've been lucky in recent seasons either drawing big teams or getting our games on TV. I don't even want to think about what the score would be if we won this game then draw Celtic, probably 2-1 Rovers ;)

Couldn't begrudge them that. We'd only have ourselves to blame if we got put out the cup at this stage. We've been lucky in recent seasons either drawing big teams or getting our games on TV. I don't even want to think about what the score would be if we won this game then draw Celtic, probably 2-1 Rovers ;)

Aye, I wouldn't grudge them. We're due another disaster in the Scottish Cup.

Like everyone else I genuinely think we might lose.

50% of our defence is absolutely fucking useless, and we really struggle to score goals. Hopefully by Saturday at 4pm we're all laughing at our hopeless pessimism but based on form, I can't see us rocking up and having a comfortable win. What actually is a "comfortable lead" for us? With our defence anything is possible.

How's the pitch? Not that we'll use it often but our galaticos are used to good surfaces.

My team for Saturday, assuming none of our injured players are back, would be:

McGurn; Thomson, *Ford, Watson, Hill; Fox, Callachan, Anderson, Conroy; Stewart, Vaughan.

* Ford appears to be the development squad left back so he'll do for me.

It's not a vintage Linlithgow Rose crop of players. In 2008 we were unlucky to come against a really good QoS team away from home, we'd have given most of the other teams in the draw at that stage a good game. This time round can't see anything other than a straightforward pumping, although our pitch is tight so a first goal and.....we can dream.

Archived