Linlithgow Rose v Raith Rovers

Rovers1992/1993

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really are! and today hasn't done anything to strengthen my confidence for this match.

Your scout didn't look overly concerned today. It's interesting to see how much analysis goes in ahead of you guys not winning games lol.

I don't think we'd need to win convincingly - one off the arse at any stage and a miraculous survival job at the other end would suffice. I'd suggest that failure to win would be more than plenty in fact. So if we end up rocking up at your bit 10 days later I'd be surprised if your manager had his job.

Our experience in 2008 of full time 2nd tier against part time Junior suggests that we'll struggle for this one. But I suppose most underdogs think that and the occasional one has his day. We've plenty of players with SPFL experience in the team though so I can't see them rolling over - you'll need to come and beat us on your own merit.

Will wullie hills be putting in one of those electronic advertising boards?

I am asking on behalf of Big Shug our resident tattoo artist, he needs somewhere to plug his kit into while he combines his art and watching the Rovers, the boy's on benefits and can't afford to loose trade.

Will wullie hills be putting in one of those electronic advertising boards?

I am asking on behalf of Big Shug our resident tattoo artist, he needs somewhere to plug his kit into while he combines his art and watching the Rovers, the boy's on benefits and can't afford to loose trade.

Nah Zen, not this time mate!

Your scout didn't look overly concerned today. It's interesting to see how much analysis goes in ahead of you guys not winning games lol.

I don't think we'd need to win convincingly - one off the arse at any stage and a miraculous survival job at the other end would suffice. I'd suggest that failure to win would be more than plenty in fact. So if we end up rocking up at your bit 10 days later I'd be surprised if your manager had his job.

Our experience in 2008 of full time 2nd tier against part time Junior suggests that we'll struggle for this one. But I suppose most underdogs think that and the occasional one has his day. We've plenty of players with SPFL experience in the team though so I can't see them rolling over - you'll need to come and beat us on your own merit.

Talbot were very unlucky not to get a draw at Tynecastle with a perfectly good equaliser being denied.

It just needs that wee bit of complacency in the Raith ranks and Rose to play as we know they can when they want as well to at least make it interesting

If we lose the first goal there is no way we'll win the match. Linlithgow will never get a better chance to beat a full time side than this.

Frankly, if defeat meant the sack for Murray I'd take that because it would be for the greater good of the club.

Not understanding this "frankly I'd rather lose" feeling. Give yourself a shake.

Firstly it's the Scottish Cup, surely you want to have a wee run to get revenue in or brighten-up an otherwise drab season. Secondly and more vitally, who wants the ignominy of being the first full-time club, and the first Championship club, to lose v Junior opposition.

Apart from Linlithgow fans presumably.

Nope, even they should have sympathy for us with our problems. They should be happy for us to overcome such odds.

I don't want us to lose this game. I'll always try to back Rovers as much as possible. I'm just hoping we'll get Dougie Hill back on the pitch rather than Ross Perry to add some strength to our defence. This'll be a seriously tricky tie for us. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Linlithgow took the lead, or if we're sitting in a stalemate Murray will keep our midfield two the same. In all honesty, I think we should give Callachan a start in midfield to inject a bit of agression and forward thinking there.

Archived