Linlithgow Rose v Raith Rovers

Rovers1992/1993

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's a bit early, but I'm starting to look forward to this game.

Prices are £12 for Adults

And

£7 for concessions I'm sure(?)

Correct. We'd be much obliged if you chaps would continue leaking goals at an alarming rate. Cheers!

We need to be wildly optimistic to think we can take anything from a full time Championship outfit. We saw the gulf when Queens beat us a few years ago. The positives for us are that we're at home and you've hit a sticky patch. When we played them they were at home and flying with a forward line of Dobbie and O'Connor - both of whom were playing well below their level. I don't think you've got that sort of firepower available. So there is a chance it could be closer than 4-0. But I wouldn't kid ourselves that this is anything other than a huge task.

We need to be wildly optimistic to think we can take anything from a full time Championship outfit. We saw the gulf when Queens beat us a few years ago. The positives for us are that we're at home and you've hit a sticky patch. When we played them they were at home and flying with a forward line of Dobbie and O'Connor - both of whom were playing well below their level. I don't think you've got that sort of firepower available. So there is a chance it could be closer than 4-0. But I wouldn't kid ourselves that this is anything other than a huge task.

Agree with this but our 2007 side was better than the current side.

I would imagine Raith will win by 2 or 3 but if we can sneak the first goal it could be interesting.

On paper Raith should win this by a few goals and I don't think even the most ardent Rose fan would disagree however, Linlithgow can play a bit and it is the cup....;-)

Really looking forward to it, bringing a few workmates through from Glasgow for their first taste of a Scottish cup game so hoping for a good crowd and atmosphere.

What is the security like?

I intend to bring a modest pop up gazebo just in case it rains, I can't be arsed with hassle from stewards.

A fuckin what??!! The security is normally modest because modest is what is required but I'm struggling to think that the stewards hired for this game will accommodate a modest pop up gazebo. It's a fitba match not a fuckin garden party min! All that said, if you have need of gazebo based facilities I'd email the club and explain your requirement rather than turn up in expectation or aspiration that you'll get in.

A fuckin what??!! The security is normally modest because modest is what is required but I'm struggling to think that the stewards hired for this game will accommodate a modest pop up gazebo. It's a fitba match not a fuckin garden party min! All that said, if you have need of gazebo based facilities I'd email the club and explain your requirement rather than turn up in expectation or aspiration that you'll get in.

Is this uncommon at lower league levels? I thought it was common place.

Is this uncommon at lower league levels? I thought it was common place.

It's maybe common at lower league levels in Fife but life is different over there. You're too far north for your own good!

Allow me to offer some perspective, this is not as large as the one at Hamilton, nor is it as big as the one at Alloa, it's a simple erection ( steady ), which will offer shelter from the elements and a modicum of modesty should any of my retinue get caught short.

To this end a PDF of the ground drainage system would be helpful, as it would be best if it were sited adjacent a manhole.

Allow me to offer some perspective, this is not as large as the one at Hamilton, nor is it as big as the one at Alloa, it's a simple erection ( steady ), which will offer shelter from the elements and a modicum of modesty should any of my retinue get caught short. To this end a PDF of the ground drainage system would be helpful, as it would be best if it were sited adjacent a manhole.

Lol nae bother Zen - ya cnut! Consider me landed.

Archived