Shire vs Pars- William Hill Scottish Cup 3rd Round

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£12 and £6 not too unreasonable IMO.

Can't see the match being anything other than a total shitfest given both teams form at the moment.

I'd be tempted to throw a bit of a wild card in here and start Thomas. The first team strikers are playing badly at the moment and I reckon this is a chance for him to stake a claim.

Potential upset here. Our players are currently playing like they have never met each other and our manager should be in the stand with a tartan blanket and absolutely no influence over picking his dinner never mind our team.

A win, good performance and a few goals would do nicely.

I'd make a few changes this week, try freshen it up a bit:

Scully

Williamson

Buchanan

Urquhart

Whittle

Forbes

Geggan

Falkingham

Stirling

Smith

Moffat

Subs:

Goodfellow

Millen

Martin

Byrne

Thomson

Ugwu

Faissal

ETA: I feel some players could do with a rest. Martin has looked shakey the past few weeks, Spence has played a lot of games already and, imo, we should be good enough to win this match without him. Would be good to see how Moffat and Smith work up front. I'd give it a go and see how it works out.

3-0 Pars;

Moffat, Smith and Ugwu.

Would be good to see how Moffat and Smith work up front. I'd give it a go and see how it works out.

I thought that would be our natural first pick front two. A fit Allan Smith could bring a wee bit of the directness, goals and enjoyment back to the team.

I think all Ryan Thomson needs is a couple of Stellas before a game. He just doesn't seem to make the most of his physique and seems to have lost that calm eye for goal. Even in our rotten SPL season he bagged us a few goals. Need something to bring him out of his shell. His contract is up at the end of the season and it would be good to seem him start to make a bigger impression.

I'm not convinced about this two Whittle formation either.

No disrespect to the Shire, but we need not only a solid win with preferably a couple of goals but we need a convincing performance as well.

As long as it's a better spectacle than last year's League Cup tie I'll be quite happy.

Archived