Is it a law that all nurses have to smoke?

DA Baracus

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it's in their contract. It's also the law that doctors have to drink to excess and use unsafe amount of recreational drugs. Surgeons are exempt from this, though they are required to shoot endangered animals at weekends.

Why do all doctors have terrible handwriting?

Shit stand-up comedians need something to riff on. Same reason that all airlines are duty-bound to serve atrocious cuisine, and people who work in an administrative capacity for the local council are legally required to be lobotomised before commencing their employment.

There are strict guidelines on this. All doctors must write in one of three styles.

2172178439.jpg

Working in a hospital, I can vouch for the fact that some folks writing (my own included) is shocking.

Even worse is I can read all three examples.

I know 4 Doctors and all of them have terrible handwriting, you can barely read their Christmas cards! :lol:

I put it down to the fact they have to write a lot usually in a very short time.

I know the faster I write the less legible it is.

Why do all doctors have terrible handwriting?

Doctors are clever. They use their brains efficiently.

To be perfectly efficient they'd use the minimum amount of concentration and brain power in writing, making it as illegible as possible while still readable to the people who need to.

If your pharmacist can read your prescription, does it matter if you can't?

I know 4 Doctors and all of them have terrible handwriting, you can barely read their Christmas cards! :lol:

I put it down to the fact they have to write a lot usually in a very short time.

I know the faster I write the less legible it is.

Is there any doctors on here that could explain why they can't write?

It's actually poor practice for doctors to have shite/illegible handwriting. They are encouraged to write clearly or in block capitals.

However putting that in practice isn't feasible when you consider the time restraints doctors are often under.

No. My girlfriend is a nurse and is surprised by how many nurses she knows who do smoke though. She can't believe they smoke considering they probably see more than most how much of an impact it has on one's health.

Archived