Falkirk v Livi

Going to go to this but the run we're on I fear another piss poor hoofball game from Livi and Falkirk to win. Only glimmer of hope I have is White to score against his old team.

You mean like he did in the game against Dumbarton? Oh wait....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply put we need someone to take the captain's role and add a bit of leadership to that team. David Robertson appears to be the best person for the job and needs to start against Falkirk. Likewise McKenna and Sives definitely shouldnt start.

As Keaghan is reportedly injured again I would go for

Jamieson

Fordyce O'Brien Talbot

Ky.Jacobs Rutherford

Mullen Robertson Praprotnik (if fit)

Glen

White

Mullen's not been getting much luck when playing in the centre (too easily muscled out) but has done okay on the wing where his speed can be utilised; He also seems to link up with Kyle quite well.Would like to see O'Brien in the centre of the defence until such time as Mensing or Gallagher are fit.

Try Jacobs and Rutherford as wing backs

Praprotnik (if fit) is a bit of a gamble; played some nice stuff last I saw him but isn't the fastest on the field. An alternative might be Hippolyte although I.m not sure that playing on the wing will really suit him - I suppose we also have Burchill but then we're sacrificing stamina.

It would be nice to think that with the proper leadership we could abandon the running-around-like-headless-chickens strategy.

Thing is if Falkirk are really as bad as some of their supporters would have us believe this could actually end up being quite an entertaining match (possibly for the wrong reasons though).

Thankfully it won't be bl00dy televised this time.

Can't even remember how Praprotnik plays, is he any good?

It's been a while since he's played, can remember him having a decent touch and think his passing was good as well.

Don't think it can make us any worse than we've been recently.

I would put Rutherford in at left back, he looked at least competent against Hibs. Dropping Talbot would also be a good thing.

Talbot's certainly not captain material; a good player but can be a real liability at times. He could have received a straight red on saturday if his sliding, studs up, tackle against one of the Hibs players had actually made contact - as it happened he missed the man altogether which says a lot.

Wouldn't drop him and Sives at the same time as we already have too few experienced defenders in the team.

When Talbot signed he was such a revelation for us at left back, especially after Craig James being first choice the season before, but he just seems to have gone downhill so fast.

I wouldn't drop Sives though. I think when it comes to basic defending he's actually decent, it's when he tries to play the ball out from the back problems start. I'd like to see O'Brien and/or Jacobs coming deeper and collecting from him or him just hoofing it clear.

Talbot's certainly not captain material; a good player but can be a real liability at times. He could have received a straight red on saturday if his sliding, studs up, tackle against one of the Hibs players had actually made contact - as it happened he missed the man altogether which says a lot.

Wouldn't drop him and Sives at the same time as we already have too few experienced defenders in the team.

He put his foot high into the air to get the ball too, had a flashback to his red card last season when he caught a player on the chin doing that, fortunately again he was a mile off with his challenge. I think sticking him in a CB would be better against Falkirk though and put Rutherford in at LB. Would keep Talbot away from the wing where he's more likely to make rash challenges.

I wouldn't drop Sives, I'd just separate him and Dycey and put Dycey* at RB so Kyle can move into midfield. Get Kyle further up the park so he can have a pop at goals, he's scored from 25 yards with some cracking shots, with our lack of goals we need someone like him to have a go from distance.

*Either that or get Moffat on at RB.

My issues with Talbot playing at CB are that he's too short and that I can just see him making a rash tackle when he's the last man.

In principle I like the idea of O'Brien at CB but I don't think it would work, I just doubt he's got the ability. We do need a link between CB and CM though.

The decision to move Dycey to RB with Talbot in the middle with Sives and Ruthers on the left was the turning point, the defense second half was abmissmal. Didn't help with Sives falling about all over the place, a wee change of boots was clearly needed. Agree that Talb at CB isn't great, he does lack height, although I thought the best I've seen him this season was against Rangers when there was 3 at the back. I'd also never swap Dycey for Sives, this season there's no comparision between the two of them, Dycey has been head and shoulders above.

Personally, I'd go 3-5-1-1/5-3-1-1.

DJ

Fordyce Sives Talbot

Moffat Rutherford

O'Brien
Robertson Kyle

Glen

White

Archived