The mighty QP 2, Montrose 0

Mo keeper sent off after two mins for bringing down Duggan in the box, and the big man banged the penalty away. Not much doubt about the award.

We scored again just before half time when a stack of Mo defenders couldn't clear a corner, and Mo essentially seemed to sit back to defend their two-goal deficit for the rest of the game. We had an inordinate amount of possession, but failed to create many decent chances. Lost count of the number of times we were caught offside.

Not the best game ever, but three more points, a shut-out and a move up to second place. Altogether, a reasonable afternoon.

Young Rooney correctly given MoM, but good performances all round. We continue to look a half-decent outfit and the results don't lie. Five wins and a draw in the last six games.

Typical boring Montrose game.

Some weird refereeing descisions, should have been another red card against Montrose in the first half. Also 2 more penalties 2nd half with McElroys top being nearly ripped off and Rooney being fouled in the box but trying to stay on his feet.

However, more importantly another 3 points on the board,

Is that us only 8 points short of last seasons paltry total and only a quarter of the season gone.

A comfortable victory - what a difference a season makes.

However the day ruined for a number of us by the Queen's Park Presdent's continued witch- hunt of a few individuals for a complete non-incident at Gretna two weeks ago. Some wondering if it is worth continuing to support a club with such obvious disdain for it's supporters.

Typical boring Montrose game.

Some weird refereeing descisions, should have been another red card against Montrose in the first half. Also 2 more penalties 2nd half with McElroys top being nearly ripped off and Rooney being fouled in the box but trying to stay on his feet.

However, more importantly another 3 points on the board,

Is that us only 8 points short of last seasons paltry total and only a quarter of the season gone.

??????????????????????????

A comfortable victory - what a difference a season makes.

However the day ruined for a number of us by the Queen's Park Presdent's continued witch- hunt of a few individuals for a complete non-incident at Gretna two weeks ago. Some wondering if it is worth continuing to support a club with such obvious disdain for it's supporters.

don't let the b'stards grind you down - for every Tommy Barr there's a Martin Smith or an Austin Reilly to follow and repair the damage, so hang in there and ride out the storm, particularly when the on-field side of things is now so-much better

So gretnagate rumbles on

I overheard conversation that perpetrators sent warning letters? A total overreaction from the 'club' and pompously handled by the president. Suspect it would have been handled differently by previous incumbents

Not as if game delayed and fireworks going off like at Preston athletic...

Suspect it would have been handled differently by previous incumbents

You might be right. Current President spent the whole game in a glass box. Prior President sat in the stand in the same section as the fans. Might be coincidence.

The incident was two weeks ago and I believe the ref's reports are submitted on the following Monday. If the club where being punished then would it not have been public by now? If not, it's hard not to conclude the committee, or is it just one man, aren't handling things in the best way. I don't believe any QP fan would deliberately put the club at risk so why a punitive outcome is considered , if it is, is beyond me. An honest conversation over a pint at The Pavillion would have fixed this in an hour.

As for the game. For the sake of Mo fans I hope their manager doesn't play that system every week. It did serve to show where QP can still grow though. No doubt we have a very good looking defence and the central midfielders will be a match for anyone in this league. The front movement still is restricted though. The constant switching, designed to tire Mo, didn't have the effect and the wing balls were having limited success. It would be nice to see the likes of Fraser or Wooods taking the ball through the middle in those circumstances to break the routine and keep a well-regimented defence guessing.

We're all looking forward to getting back to Hampden but I recall many a game on the big pitch like yesterday where visitors parked the bus and we didn't have the guile or adventure to push through. Hopefully Gus will allow some individualism by then. And hopefully all the long-serving fans who got a little over-excited at Gretna will be back in their seats too, enjoying the game.

cannot comment on what happened at gretna, as was not there,i have been at most other games and the queens park support make the exp that wee bit better for me, cannot see what or imagine what happened at gretna,is this a mountain out of a molehill.

does sound a bit stuffy, team need all the fans to have a bit of passion,or they would have little motivation to win, okay rising up the table into the bargain,but fans matter i believe this,they are least vocal on these forums if a player/players/or team as a whole have a nightmare,and really applaud the team when they play well/score/win.

Game was really over as a contest after a couple of minutes. We were comfortable without being excellent, but it's another three points on the board and we're heading in the right direction. Can't really credit Gus enough for the job that he's done so far.

As for the game. For the sake of Mo fans I hope their manager doesn't play that system every week. It did serve to show where QP can still grow though. No doubt we have a very good looking defence and the central midfielders will be a match for anyone in this league. The front movement still is restricted though. The constant switching, designed to tire Mo, didn't have the effect and the wing balls were having limited success. It would be nice to see the likes of Fraser or Wooods taking the ball through the middle in those circumstances to break the routine and keep a well-regimented defence guessing.

Some good points but thankfully, as far as the result was concerned, we didn’t have to do much

What I found quite disappointing was the moaning and groaning aimed at the team from the usual suspects for the crime of keeping possession....have they forgotten how we hardly had the ball last season to do that?

“Get the ball forward!! “ So when we did and briefly lost possession it it was “ What are you doing??”

We were 2 nil up and coasting against 10 men who hardly made an attempt to get back into the game, put everyone behind the ball, and played the offside trap... albeit an effective one that we couldn’t break down. We kept passing and probing for openings but it was hard work.

Archived