Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian, 26/10/2014

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think draw. Interesting to see the posts about fans. I think that Hearts have had better players over the years than Hibs in the main, but what may well be arrogance has meant a lot of Hearts fans go to the derby thinking they will and this must translate to the players. I've heard countless times about the fans nerves being translated onto the pitch and seen it happen many times. During the 22 in a row period, it almost seemed at times as if the Hibs fans and players knew they weren't going to win. Conversely, speaking to Robbo before the 2012 cup final, he reckoned there was no need to be nervous because "Hearts have much better players than Hibs". For me, this was a combination between the confidence of the fans and the better players that brought this attitude. Hearts away support is generally more vociferous, but you could say this about pretty much every team. (Were very quiet at Alloa though until the late goal).

I must be the biggest mug alive trying to have a logical discussion with jambos on here. Half the things you criticising our support for are the exact fucking opposite of the other half. :1eye You lot hate us so much and you don't even know why, it's adorable.

If the pre-match shite flinging has been riveting so far, just strap yourself in for the post match bullshit. Hearts win = "Our fans wanted it more, that's why we won". Hibs win = "The amount they celebrated was PAFFETIC".

That isn't to say that Hibs fans you meet don't slaver some absolute shite before derbies as well btw. It's why I've begun to despair of this fixture, turns two normally alright set of supporters into head thumping morons of the highest order.

My favourite posts are the ones like this, where you make out you are above it all.

You have been playing centre stage in the chat so far. :)

Have any of the Hibs fans on here heard about the "stunt" being planned for the derby? I'm not talking about a "tin eh beanz", I'm talking about something every single person in the stadium is going to know about.

ED, am I right in thinking you have a private account on .net? You'll know what I'm talking about. I don't want to say anything tonight before anything is official but I'll say tomorrow or at the very least the day after.

I do Rory mate.

I know what it is and I cannot wait until it's announced.

I only know about it cos a guy at work told me about it.

I'll say something tomorrow but would feel like such a c**t if saying something tonight ruined it.

I only know about it cos a guy at work told me about it.

I'll say something tomorrow but would feel like such a c**t if saying something tonight ruined it.

I'm not saying anything either mate. I won't sleep tonight. Cannot wait until this is announced in the coming days.

Archived