Clydebank FC

BankieBear

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what people do now on the internet , throw about this word obsession about . I have mentioned it before but nowhere near enough to be classed as an ' obsession ' . The whole idea amuses me , what isn't amusing is the contempt most of your fans have for the grade of football many of us on here have grown up with and love. You guy's think your bigger than you really are , i mean a prominent poster of yours thinks your above holding race nights and golf days ffs.

On budgie , excellent manager . Offering his resignation obviously tells you things are not right in his head and he can live without being the manager of clydebank.

All about opinions. I grew up watching Yoker in the Juniors & Clydebank in the seniors. That's what I want my boy to watch.

The aim was always to try go back to that level, there is nothing sinister in that.

Not sure Budgie did offer his resignation but if he did it doesn't mean he doesn't want to be there.

Cos they've no played Kilbirnie yet, thats how! We are great at helping kickstart other teams seasons!

I remember Bankies first season in Prem they struggled at first, no sure if they'd even won a game yet before coming to ours, skelping us 2 nil (going on ten) and went on the most amazing run after that, something like 12 or 13 games unbeaten.

Just think Budgie will turn it round. Maybe my first post should have been "in my opinion Bankies will be fine".

Glad we got you in our second game then we've taken 13 points from 15 after losing to Shotts in the opener!

This is what people do now on the internet , throw about this word obsession about . I have mentioned it before but nowhere near enough to be classed as an ' obsession ' . The whole idea amuses me , what isn't amusing is the contempt most of your fans have for the grade of football many of us on here have grown up with and love. You guy's think your bigger than you really are , i mean a prominent poster of yours thinks your above holding race nights and golf days ffs.

On budgie , excellent manager . Offering his resignation obviously tells you things are not right in his head and he can live without being the manager of clydebank.

MOST Clydebank fans hold Junior football in contempt? Really?

Have you asked them all?

MOST Clydebank fans hold Junior football in contempt? Really?

Have you asked them all?

I know 3 guys who support clydebank , not regulars but they see a fair few games. They all can't wait to get out of junior football and they tell me this is the view of fellow fans they know, similar views to your man ardiles , maybe not as extreme. On the bankies forum the vast majority also are of this opinion and give me the contempt impression. You don't need to ask every supporter to get the vibe .

In a nutshell and just a personal view and i have said this for years the sooner the bankies go elsewhere ( god knows who would take them mind you ) the better.

I know 3 guys who support clydebank , not regulars but they see a fair few games. They all can't wait to get out of junior football and they tell me this is the view of fellow fans they know, similar views to your man ardiles , maybe not as extreme. On the bankies forum the vast majority also are of this opinion and give me the contempt impression. You don't need to ask every supporter to get the vibe .

In a nutshell and just a personal view and i have said this for years the sooner the bankies go elsewhere ( god knows who would take them mind you ) the better.

In the meantime you'll gladly take the admission money of the 150-300 who have travelled to Kirky in the past though?

post-14714-14137536860365_thumb.jpg

I know 3 guys who support clydebank , not regulars but they see a fair few games. They all can't wait to get out of junior football and they tell me this

And this makes you an expert on Clydebank FC? You really are a f***in' bellend!! 3 non regulars tell you a load of sh!te, and suddenly " They all can't wait to get out of junior football and they tell me this"

You are one of the main reasons I don't come on to this forum much. You are probably going to be one of the reasons I stop attending games away to KRR as well. p***k.

Reading the Bankies forum & would say the general consensus is that they would prefer to leave to join the lowland league . So in my opinion what RRG has said is right. A know the forum is not indicative of all their fans but when the majority of their forum is in favour it doesn't take a genius to say that the majority of their support will be as well

#COTB

Let's take a more pragmatic look at the situation for Clydebank fans. If I had supported my team in the senior leagues and seen them play top flight football for years, then disappear down the hole, then I'd have mixed feelings about being in the Juniors. On one hand I'd be glad my club were still alive but on the other I'd be hankering to get back to the heights we were once at.

For me, it's only natural for some connected with the club to want to get out of the Juniors. However, they should express so with respect to the grade which has given them a home and a platform to play football.

Shocker of a result on Saturday.

Hard to give an informed opinion when I only get to see the highlights, but we don't seem to be doing much at all going forward. The defensive record, Saturday apart, has been pretty good, but goals scored have been almost non existent. Sadly it would seem that in losing the 3 players who went senior at Queens Park(On top of MacKinnon and Strachan in the last few seasons) we have lost almost all of our attacking threat and been unable to replace it so far.

Need to change something, but I don't think getting rid of the manager is the answer.

Let's take a more pragmatic look at the situation for Clydebank fans. If I had supported my team in the senior leagues and seen them play top flight football for years, then disappear down the hole, then I'd have mixed feelings about being in the Juniors. On one hand I'd be glad my club were still alive but on the other I'd be hankering to get back to the heights we were once at.

For me, it's only natural for some connected with the club to want to get out of the Juniors. However, they should express so with respect to the grade which has given them a home and a platform to play football.

This is spot on. Don't think there is anything wrong wanting to reach the highest level possible & be ambitious. The clubs roots are with senior football afterall, at the same time we are juniors and doing our best there. Wanting to go to the Ll does not mean the club hates being junior.

Anyway, Robin Hood will reveal his source which will clarify this rumour or you'll never hear from him/her again on it (or refuse to reveal) which confirms it's lies. I'd trust the people who I know on here that run the club rather than some unknown wandering in with a whisper.

As for the team, I agree it won't solve itself Pollok proved no one is too big to go down. We haven't replaced the Queens 3 and there is little quality in the final 3rd. We are in serious trouble unless changes to the squad are made.

Archived