Your First Scotland Game

Mr Gandosaur

In 1993 at home (Ibrox) against Malta. It was a World Cup Qualifier we won 3-0 (goals from Nevin and McCoist x2). At the time my Dad had a decent job and through his work we actually got executive seats and found ourselves alongside Walter Smith as well as a few other Scottish managers and players.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11 October 1997, Celtic Park

Scotland 2 0 Latvia

First-half goal from Kevin Gallacher, and one late in the second half from Gordon Durie (a looping header over the Latvian keeper, I think), I think that sealed our qualification for the 98 World Cup, if I remember rightly.

Didn't go to a game after that until the Lithuania game where Mikoliunas dived. Missed the dive because I was still in the queue for a scran.

Scotland vs England 84 0-0

Was in the mainstand and I remember Rod Stewart going in ahead of me in a tartan suit. Noone else was wearing kilts or other bay city rollers outfits just tartan scarves.

I only got the ticket as my late uncle's mate turned up so pished on their flight over from Canada.

Scotland vs England games have an amazing/ hatefulled atmosphere.

I've been to two others in 85 and 89 when Bull scored for England when he was playing in the old third division for Wolves.

McCoist had been back ages by then. The leg break happened in May or June 93, in Portugal.I was at the Greece game too..

I'm sure he was coming back from some kind of injury. Definitely started on the bench though, and Darren Jackson started in his stead...

First game was the aforementioned 6-0 thrashingof the faroes at CP

First game at Hampden was the 0-1 defeat to the netherlands in 2009. Played really well, undone in the final 15 by a long ball. Dutch below average tbh, had already qualified. We didn't.

Archived