Celtic PLC report 2014

The principle risks and uncertainties made interesting reading in particular the comment re future season ticket sales.

Matchday attendances

Substantial income is derived from matchday ticket sales and

the provision of various products and services on matchdays,

including programmes, merchandising, hospitality and catering.

Donations from Celtic Development Pools Limited, particularly

in relation to a proportion of matchday lottery ticket sales, are

also important.

Poor football results, the nature and quality of opposition, and

bad weather can lead to a drop in attendances. A perception that

there are empty seats also affects the purchase of future season

tickets in that supporters may elect to buy a match ticket when

desired and run the risk of non-availability, rather than guarantee

a seat by purchasing a season ticket.

Well, start working towards a fairer distribution of the wealth in the Scottish game and quite possibly you will have a stringer quality of opposition which may very well lead to larger attendances.

How does the voting system work now?

I seem to remember the old 10-2 system people used to complain about it being unfair, yet when we had the chance to change it. Aberdeen knocked it back

How does the voting system work now?

I seem to remember the old 10-2 system people used to complain about it being unfair, yet when we had the chance to change it. Aberdeen knocked it back

In Spain, Barcelona and Real Madrid spoke out about wanting the other clubs to get larger cuts of the TV money in order to make the league competitive. We shouldn't need votes of 10-2 or whatever to decide that we need a fairer system in Scotland, the big two should have said years ago that something needed to be done.

Ultimate irony being amongst Celtic supporters who laud themselves as "fair" and wanting a Yes vote as it gave a chance for Scotland to become a fairer society where the poor weren't always the last to get and the rich didn't keep getting richer. Yet their club (a charitable organisation as much as a business apparently) wants to keep the Tory style system in place in Scottish football as guess what? It benefits them. Not seen any Green Brigade banners asking for fairer financial distribution...

Oh and FWIW, Milne's an absolute throbber for that vote anyway.

In Spain, Barcelona and Real Madrid spoke out about wanting the other clubs to get larger cuts of the TV money in order to make the league competitive. We shouldn't need votes of 10-2 or whatever to decide that we need a fairer system in Scotland, the big two should have said years ago that something needed to be done.

Ultimate irony being amongst Celtic supporters who laud themselves as "fair" and wanting a Yes vote as it gave a chance for Scotland to become a fairer society where the poor weren't always the last to get and the rich didn't keep getting richer. Yet their club (a charitable organisation as much as a business apparently) wants to keep the Tory style system in place in Scottish football as guess what? It benefits them. Not seen any Green Brigade banners asking for fairer financial distribution...

Oh and FWIW, Milne's an absolute throbber for that vote anyway.

Can't help but noticed you didn't actually answer my question.

Something was done to try and force change, you can blame Aberdeen for that one falling on its arse

Nice deflection though

What is the current voting system? I don't know, but the majority of clubs must have agreed it

Can't help but noticed you didn't actually answer my question.

Something was done to try and force change, you can blame Aberdeen for that one falling on its arse

Nice deflection though

What is the current voting system? I don't know, but the majority of clubs must have agreed it

I see you ignored the last part of my post then where I do blame Milne :lol:

So have Celtic ever came out and publicly stated that they believe a fairer distribution of finance should be in place within Scottish football?

I see you ignored the last part of my post then where I do blame Milne :lol:

So have Celtic ever came out and publicly stated that they believe a fairer distribution of finance should be in place within Scottish football?

Again, you've failed to answer my question

It's embarrassing you need to try and deflect it.

Archived