Blantyre Vics v Cumbernauld - Cup Final @ Larkhall ?

Galty

Thanks to the people concerned for bringing this game to Larkhall. Both clubs, & the visiting fans will enjoy a tremendous occasion.

A dont think anybody has any doubts about the hospitality they will receive from the people at larkhall but whats your views on the playing surface ? Is it good enough to host a junior final ?

A dont think anybody has any doubts about the hospitality they will receive from the people at larkhall but whats your views on the playing surface ? Is it good enough to host a junior final ?

. As a ex player of larkhall its a great WEE set up and the boys that run the club r amazing but as for the surface its shite sorry but it is

Did adamslie get many cup finals years ago when we had big social club and stand, I can't mind to many considering how good our ground was. So maybe your right about the to far out the way bit.

I played in a amateur cup final up Adamslie when the social club and big stand was still there around 14 year ago. Still remember like it was yesterday

I am confident the pitch will be fine. Come to Larkall, bring some family, & friends & enjoy a splendid occasion.

I fancy a 6 goal thriller, with the game going to penalties.

Blantyre do well at The Gaswork,& I fancy them to win.

There's nothing wrong with Newlandsfield but finals should be shared around suitable junior grounds. Pollok have had more than their fair share in recent years. Somervell did used to get quite a few of these games, Maryhill also, but it is far too tight a ground in my view for a showpiece game.

Glencairns newI home not a great venue either, pitch not really up to scratch. Easy access for both sets of supporters, good parking and dare I say it, not too far from a decent pub are other considerations. Petershill has many of these attributes but many teams might not like the synthetic surface.

We at kilsyth would be delighted to host one of these games, we do get quite a few Amatuer finals and have had nothing but praise for our facilities, maybe just a little bit too far out geographically though?

I think you are being a bit unfair about the pitch at Glencairn, the groundsman ( Brian ) I think his name is has worked very hard on the pitch and at the moment there is a great playing surface only one bad spot and that is at the center spot due to foxes continually digging this area up ( any suggestions from any one would be very much appreciated )

Joke of a choice, changing rooms are not the best either, Camby would have been sensible, the surface is immaculate and Sweepers is a great boozer

They've never been the same since you left Shielsy. Used to take me 2 days to mop up all your hair gel and nose clippings in the shower but at least it always smelled nice lol!!!!!

I'm afraid that photie will be familiar to anyone who read the recent SLC safety brochure....'5 things you shouldn't throw on a barbeque' :(

Really though,is that the best stock pic that the ET can offer for an item that involves the Vics?

It's a disgrace that any final is being played on that surface , a big disappointment for both teams

I would remind readers that GASWORKS PARK , ( a shadow of its former self ) remains the ONLY Junior park which has hosted a Junior Cup Final.

It remains the oldest Junior park still in existence.

Best days are long gone , the Club will move at some point; however, more Scottish Internationals have graced its surface than any other club in Scotland.

Archived