Wishaw Juniors - New Manager - Applications Invited

Wishaw Secretary

Following the departure of John McKeown to Cumnock, Wishaw Juniors are now seeking to appoint a new team manager.

The club is ambitious and keen to build on the progress made over the last several years both on and off the pitch.

Interested parties should contact the club secretary Robert Watson on 07764 223057 or by e-mailing wishawjuniors@hotmail.com with CV.

Just a thought ....

Martin Lauchlan ive noticed doing a great job at Rossvale on limited to possible no funds or wages on offer but has pulled together a very smart,Hard working team who can defo play with some style..

Always got an interest in junior fitba since the days of my old man putting me into southcroft at 145pm before clyde games at shawfield & sometimes this level o fitba gets a bad name but havin watched many junior games over the year this vale team look a very good standard & there league position and results would confirm..

Good luck for rest o season and hopefully get along to a few more games at various grounds to tick off ma list...

Rab

Always got an interest in junior fitba since the days of my old man putting me into southcroft at 145pm before clyde games at shawfield....

A lot of people used to do that, we've lost that now as Clyde are no longer down the road from us and we're not on the main road anymore.

I hope your old man used to pay for you to get in. :P I always used to laugh at people skipping into the ground at Southcroft either by climbing the wall on Glasgow Road or by walking round the far end from the turnstiles and in through the end where the turnstiles were many decades ago. Bearing in mind it's only £5 to get in today, it must have been about £2 max back at that time for an adult, but I suppose it's all relative in terms of inflation and that was maybe too much for some people to pay.

Our old ground was certainly the easiest of grounds to skip into without paying, at our new ground (not so new now, it's 6 years old now) it's almost impossible to watch the match from outside the ground unless you squeeze between the fence at the railway end and the railway fence behind it.

Rossvale is a long term plan for all involved with the club. The coaches are doing a terific job with an entirely new squad that they have recruited from all grades of football. Two big cup games coming up starting with saturday vs annbank in the west.

And then the small trip up to fraserburgh in the 2nd rnd of the scottish. With the possibility of a new complex being built next year for the club & surrounding community, things are certainly going in a good direction. But as they say this is no sprint & you are always best to look at the end goal of every marathon.

Good luck to all clubs involved in west tomorrow.

Suprised to hear this Maryhill as my usually reliable mole tells me exact opposite but you could be right and i could be wrong or vice versa....

What i do know and agree is Managers like McEwan at Arthurlie,Lauchlan at Vale and Flannery at Cambuslang all new refreshing managers who all played at a very good level at senior fitba,Most if not all will have good contacts in higher levels and its refreshing to see clubs going down this road,Tommy Sloan at Talbot is a perfect example who walked into his current(Very Successful) job inxperianced at time as oppose to the merry go round o failures at both junior and senior Level...

Aw the Best

Talk of the steamie is Martin Laughlan Rossvale manager or J Fallon returning to Wishy. I personally would prefer to see a player from a higher league ready to hang up the boots , with lots of contacts get a chance.

Hope the steamy is wrong in that jf would be going back the way -he had his chance and walked away -I have nothing personel against jf other then he had his chance-what we need is a new manager coming through in the same manner John McKeown came in.

I am sure the Wishaw committee will make the correct decision as they know what direction they want to take the club in.

Hope the steamy is wrong in that jf would be going back the way -he had his chance and walked away -I have nothing personel against jf other then he had his chance-what we need is a new manager coming through in the same manner John McKeown came in.

I am sure the Wishaw committee will make the correct decision as they know what direction they want to take the club in.

This certainly isn't true JF snr is currently manager of Symington Tinto and doing well plus hasn't applied for the job. cheers

This certainly isn't true JF snr is currently manager of Symington Tinto and doing well plus hasn't applied for the job. cheers

True.And of course the confusion could have been avoided if wishawloyal had added 'Jnr' in his 'talk of the steamie' post. ;)

I certainly hope ( Talk of the steamie is Martin Laughlan Rossvale manager ) is not true or correct. We are attempting to create something that could be very special at Rossvale fc. This has came right out of left field & it is the worst sinario any of us could anticipate.

The squad has been put together by the new coaches bar 3/4 that remained from last season. we sit joint top of the league, had a terrific result on saturday to takes us into the 2nd round of the west & have a very important scottish tie this coming saturday.

There will be plenty happening off the park also to help & improve the clubs stature & in time will also help improve all teams within Rossvale fc. I just can't see this happening to be honest as there does not seem any sense to it. ( no offence to all at wishaw )

I certainly hope ( Talk of the steamie is Martin Laughlan Rossvale manager ) is not true or correct. We are attempting to create something that could be very special at Rossvale fc. This has came right out of left field & it is the worst sinario any of us could anticipate.

The squad has been put together by the new coaches bar 3/4 that remained from last season. we sit joint top of the league, had a terrific result on saturday to takes us into the 2nd round of the west & have a very important scottish tie this coming saturday.

There will be plenty happening off the park also to help & improve the clubs stature & in time will also help improve all teams within Rossvale fc. I just can't see this happening to be honest as there does not seem any sense to it. ( no offence to all at wishaw )

Well said..... Martin! :P

Archived