The luck of the Irish.

Last min goal in Georgia, last min goal in Germany

Its 4th for Scotland im afraid.

Grow a pair.

Ireland are EXACTLY Scotland (but just they hae balls). They get the job done! They are pish to watch, full of turgid Championship/mah/me Grannaidh was north Brith/Irish pish, but they get results.

We had all the luck in the world last month. The 18th of Septemeber.

Yet we shat it.

Apologies for the reddie if you voted yes and so on, but don't give me this 'luck of the Irish' (unluck of the north Brits) pish.

We really have always made our bed.

5.2 million people is not small. I'm fed up of this pish fae our media too.

A small country is Slovenia (downwards) 2million. So Luxembourg, Iceland, Estonia -come on in.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grow a pair.

Ireland are EXACTLY Scotland (but just they hae balls). They get the job done! They are pish to watch, full of turgid Championship/mah/me Grannaidh was north Brith/Irish pish, but they get results.

We had all the luck in the world last month. The 18th of Septemeber.

Yet we shat it.

Apologies for the reddie if you voted yes and so on, but don't give me this 'luck of the Irish' (unluck of the north Brits) pish.

We really have always made our bed.

5.2 million people is not small. I'm fed up of this pish fae our media too.

A small country is Slovenia (downwards) 2million. So Luxembourg, Iceland, Estonia -come on in.

Cant really disagree with you here.

For the record I did vote Yes, I would be too embarrassed and shamed to post on a tartan army forum if I had voted No

People talk about Irelands luck running out... they have had it for yrs... just check out their euro 2012 qualifying campaign

Luck or otherwise, we are a better team than them. I will be gutted if we don't win at Celtic Park.

Come to think on it, the fact that the game is at Celtic Park is piss poor planning by the SFA! There will be a faction of Sellick morons supporting Ireland and they will have a bigger support than they might have normally had. It would have made more sense to have switched the venues for the Georgia/Ireland games - unless there was a particular reason for the way it has gone.

Luck or otherwise, we are a better team than them. I will be gutted if we don't win at Celtic Park.

Come to think on it, the fact that the game is at Celtic Park is piss poor planning by the SFA! There will be a faction of Sellick morons supporting Ireland and they will have a bigger support than they might have normally had. It would have made more sense to have switched the venues for the Georgia/Ireland games - unless there was a particular reason for the way it has gone.

Police probably wouldn't allow the RoI game to be held at Ibrox. Anyway good point last night and both the hardest fixtures out of the way. Look at ROI last two fixtures.

Funny how it's always the 'luck of the Irish' if we score late in a game but, if Northern Ingerland do it, it's professional because it's only over when the referee blows the final whistle. Strange that !

The seethe casued by the term Southern Ireland or South Ireland is glorious. It's technically correct as the team represents the south or Ireland.

The point they got last night is pretty much an irrelevance in terms of what we have to do. The Ireland game at Celtic Park was a must win anyway so nothing has changed in that respect.

We've done our bit so far and I've confident that if we beat Ireland and Poland at home then we will have done enough to at least get third place. Can't see this Scotland side bottling it against Gibraltar or Georgia. Both sides are utter dross.

Ireland in Celtic Park, will be like a home game...

Why do people keep saying this? Because celtic play there that means it will be like a home game for ireland?

Ireland will bring no more than poland will. They will be allocated 10% of the stadium maximum the same that we will when we go over to dublin.

I simply do not understand the logic here how this will benefit ireland in any way what so ever. Can someone explain what I am missing here? Ireland will be allocated the standard amount any team will get and we will have the rest of the tickets. We had 4 thousand in poland because that was what we were allocated. We could have brought 15 thousand if we were allocated that. Ireland will be allocated no more than 6 thousand and vice versa for us.

I do not understand the dumb logic of this what so ever

Infact just to make the situation even more absurd parkhead will be more of a home game for us than ibrox would be because it holds 10 thousand more. We will have well over 50 thousand fans in the stadium

PS I guarantee scotland bring more fans to ireland than ireland do to scotland. I guarantee it

Will be weird for the Celtic support filling the away end at Parkhead.

Hope they get to see the view from that horrendous away end for once!

Any idea what the away attendance is likely to be? I was speaking to my mate and we reckon 10'000 away fans in the stadium

Don't matter, just seen clydenewcomers post

Any idea what the away attendance is likely to be? I was speaking to my mate and we reckon 10'000 away fans in the stadium

What about the thousand of celtic fans who will be in the home end supporting scotland? Don't forget them

It will be the wee brainwashed fannies who will be in the away end like the were at hampden in the friendly singing henrick larsson songs. Those people are very much in the minority

So you are telling me the SFA will be giving ireland much more tickets than they would normally get because the stadium is celtic park?. Is that what you are telling me?

And even if it was ibrox are you telling me fans who were going to support ireland at parkhead cannot travel an extra couple of miles to ibrox to do the same thing. The whole idea of this being a home game for ireland is absolutely fucking absurd

For the record I did vote Yes, I would be too embarrassed and shamed to post on a tartan army forum if I had voted No

Jeez, give it a rest with this infantile pish.

I too voted Yes, but did not see the decision, oddly enough, in football terms at all.

Scotland has always been independent in a football sense and this was indeed one of very few issues likely to be unaffected by the referendum' s outcome.

Your desire to link the issues is simply stupid.

So you are telling me the SFA will be giving ireland much more tickets than they would normally get because the stadium is celtic park?. Is that what you are telling me?

And even if it was ibrox are you telling me fans who were going to support ireland at parkhead cannot travel an extra couple of miles to ibrox to do the same thing. The whole idea of this being a home game for ireland is absolutely fucking absurd

Did i say that? I stated that myself and my mate believed that they may give up to 10'000 tickets to Ireland, I did not notice that you had already stated 10% of the stadium will be given to away fans.

Did i say that? I stated that myself and my mate believed that they may give up to 10'000 tickets to Ireland, I did not notice that you had already stated 10% of the stadium will be given to away fans.

Thought you were being sarcastic. My apologies

Archived