Alloa v Cowden

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed I could not make the game today but was nerve racking following it on the BBC.

Good result Cowden.

Nice to be of the foot of the table.

BBC Alba are showing Hibs v Livi game.

From a selfish point of view, I want Hibs to win to keep Livi in the playoff spot.

Keep it up Cowdenbeath

Will there be highlights coz there was some outstanding keeping today by both goalies

Not sure but probably will be on the clubs website.

I would imagine one of the clubs would have been filming the game.

Robbie Thomson seems to have established himself well in goals.

I genuinely disagree alloa are a better team than us. Can't say I am ever really impressed in recent times with alloa even though our head to head record is poor.

Dumbarton for example have genuinely really impressed me on occasion. Last seasons league table shows very little between us and this table is the same.

We have added 3 decent loans from celtic, rangers and dundee utd and if they play well you will be surprised.

Don't get this playing well talk either. Scoring goals is playing well, its the whole point of the game. On that theory, we were superb at dumbarton as we 'played really well' and missed loads of chances. Reality is we were wasteful so deserved what we got, only 1 point.

hmmm.

First half without being great we deserved a lead. How Gallacher didn't score after about 5 minutes i'll never know. The first of a few fantastic saves in the match. Alloa bossed the midfield but never created anything noteworthy other than a few long range efforts. A couple of comfortable saves from Thomson and a fine one low down to his right.

Second half we came out firing and played some good attacking stuff then Alloa scored against the run of play the first time they got the ball into the box. Gallacher then went up another gear and we got two more from great attacking play and an unmarked header from the corner. If ever a player deserved a goal it was Gallacher so good to see him rewarded. Could have had even more in that spell. The one that was chalked off for offside should surely have been brought back for a Cowden free-kick but that summed up an inept performance from the officials. When the ref spoke to the Alloa player for lashing out it means he must have seen it and thats a red card for violent conduct all day long. Some pretty cynical challenges from the Alloa back 4 summed up their quality and it took a long time for the ref to card one of them so they kept doing it.

We shipped a poor goal when Spence was left with a free header from the corner to make it a nervy last 10 then a fabulous save from Thomson from a point blank header made sure the points were safe and the best team won.

Is he the keeper you've been slating this season? He was your MoTM by a distance with 3 or 4 saves he had no right to make

No complaints about that result. Cowden deserved the three points, despite some hairy stuff near their goal when we threw everything forward at the end. They were solid at the back and Oyenuga caused us problems whenever he got involved.

We started very well and were dominating and knocking the ball about without creating too much. Best early chance fell to Gallagher when slack defending by Sparky let him in one on one, but McDowell (who had a good game) did very well to rush from his line and block the shot. The first goal came from a poor headed clearance by Sparky, admittedly under pressure and was excellently finished by Oyenuga.

There was a lack of urgency and incision from Alloa right up until Buchanan's well taken equaliser and it was really disappointing that we let Gallagher run through several challenges almost immediately after before setting up that man Oyenuga again.

Thomson had another couple of good saves at the end, one reaction one from Ben Gordon's header surpassing even the two he made from Simmy earlier on.

Disappointing overall and another reminder we need a couple of attacking players in.

First half without being great we deserved a lead. How Gallacher didn't score after about 5 minutes i'll never know. The first of a few fantastic saves in the match. Alloa bossed the midfield but never created anything noteworthy other than a few long range efforts. A couple of comfortable saves from Thomson and a fine one low down to his right.

Second half we came out firing and played some good attacking stuff then Alloa scored against the run of play the first time they got the ball into the box. Gallacher then went up another gear and we got two more from great attacking play and an unmarked header from the corner. If ever a player deserved a goal it was Gallacher so good to see him rewarded. Could have had even more in that spell. The one that was chalked off for offside should surely have been brought back for a Cowden free-kick but that summed up an inept performance from the officials. When the ref spoke to the Alloa player for lashing out it means he must have seen it and thats a red card for violent conduct all day long. Some pretty cynical challenges from the Alloa back 4 summed up their quality and it took a long time for the ref to card one of them so they kept doing it.

We shipped a poor goal when Spence was left with a free header from the corner to make it a nervy last 10 then a fabulous save from Thomson from a point blank header made sure the points were safe and the best team won.

Is he the keeper you've been slating this season? He was your MoTM by a distance with 3 or 4 saves he had no right to make

Today was McDowall in goals our first choice goalie is usually Gibson who has been getting a slating this season but I think he's injured at the moment but I think we really need a new goalkeeper and fix up of the back 4 in January.

No complaints about that result. Cowden deserved the three points, despite some hairy stuff near their goal when we threw everything forward at the end. They were solid at the back and Oyenuga caused us problems whenever he got involved.

We started very well and were dominating and knocking the ball about without creating too much. Best early chance fell to Gallagher when slack defending by Sparky let him in one on one, but McDowell (who had a good game) did very well to rush from his line and block the shot. The first goal came from a poor headed clearance by Sparky, admittedly under pressure and was excellently finished by Oyenuga.

There was a lack of urgency and incision from Alloa right up until Buchanan's well taken equaliser and it was really disappointing that we let Gallagher run through several challenges almost immediately after before setting up that man Oyenuga again.

Thomson had another couple of good saves at the end, one reaction one from Ben Gordon's header surpassing even the two he made from Simmy earlier on.

Disappointing overall and another reminder we need a couple of attacking players in.

fair reflection.

Wasp1 will be in hiding after this 1 along with him struggling with the team sheets lol.

Very poor IMO no point in putting in stellar performances against so called big teams then to get turned over like that.

Great to see megatt come on towards the end :) big Kyle will be dropped next week to make way for him.

The Alloa keeper produced the best save I have ever seen, and a couple more from both keepers were simply top drawer. Excellent stuff in what was a hugely entertaining game. I reckon a draw would have been a fair result but hey ho, ecstatic to have one.

Gallacher yet again was outstanding. The refreshing thing for me is this - despite being pulled back or getting his ankles nipped, he never looks to go down and completely tries to stay up. His balance was incredible for the 2nd goal and with that attitude, deserves to go far in the game.

Wasp1 will be in hiding after this 1 along with him struggling with the team sheets lol.

Very poor IMO no point in putting in stellar performances against so called big teams then to get turned over like that.

Great to see megatt come on towards the end :) big Kyle will be dropped next week to make way for him.

Team sheets ????

Archived