Poland vs Scotland

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going forward we seem more comfortable when countering teams so in a way, even though the opposition will be vastly superior, our game plan should be a bit more straight forward. I'd go with craigkillie's team which has a proven and recent record of getting good results and performances away from home. I think we'll score, but keeping out Lewandowski all game is a big ask.

Any kind of result would cap an exceptionally good week for us, even accepting Poland's result tonight.

Despite the win they had against Germany, I have a good feeling about this :)

Wish I could share the optimism but I think a draw is the best we can get against that lot. Which, by the way, would an incredible result. If we can go there and play like we did in the first half against Georgia, for the whole 90 mins and improve our finishing, we might actually be able to do it. Will be keeping a close eye on the Germany/Ireland score as well. Not sure what the best result would be for us from that game? A draw or Germany win?

Wish I could share the optimism but I think a draw is the best we can get against that lot. Which, by the way, would an incredible result. If we can go there and play like we did in the first half against Georgia, for the whole 90 mins and improve our finishing, we might actually be able to do it. Will be keeping a close eye on the Germany/Ireland score as well. Not sure what the best result would be for us from that game? A draw or Germany win?

Germany to win every game from now on, apart from us obviously. We should stop looking at other results and just win our games.

Poland game will be completely different than yesterday. We should be going into this game with confidence, we're playing well & making chances, I'm very much up for this, let's hope the players are also. We can score that's for sure & our defence is getting better, we restricted Georgia to 1 change yesterday, when was the last time you could say that against any country we have played in the last 20 odd years.

A lot of people are vastly over rating Poland on here. Lewandowski in particular struggles to match his club form for country. Im not afraid

Also hopefully Germany now raise their game v the Irish after Polands gubbed them.

Yeah, if we're lucky they'll play their best eleven instead of handing debuts to shite

Minus their one or two outstanding players Poland are probably an average-ish side on a par with us.

Poland are very much on a par with us as is Eire. Poland fluked a result v Germany (I didn't see it but stats say). Let's bring them crashing down to reality great incentive, if you every needed it when representing your country at anything.

A lot of people are vastly over rating Poland on here. Lewandowski in particular struggles to match his club form for country. Im not afraid

Maybe true but in these kind of games players like Lewandowski normally make the difference. He is one of the best number 9's in Europe.

I had a feeling Poland were going to take something off Germany. Bad result for us and makes them favourites for 2nd place now. There will be a few twists and turns yet . I think we are more than capable of getting a point which would be brilliant. It is a 3 way mini group between Poland,Ireland and ourselves. Hoping they draw with each other twice or we're needing to beat one of them away from home or beat Germany at home and that is assuming we beat both of them at home.

It's not the SFA's fault, blame the BBC or STV for failing to make a substantial enough bid for the rights.

There's of course an argument that the government should subsidise the BBC's coverage of the national team, maybe if we'd got rid of Trident we could have afforded it but there ye go.

No. I prefer to blame the SFA for awarding the TV rights to a satellite broadcaster. And because the SFA are always shit. They are consistent in their shitness.

When the SPL sold the TV rights to satellite broadcasters, my interest in the SPL started to wane. Now I couldn't give a monkeys about the top division in Scotland. I prefer the EPL, and Match of the Day is the reason for that. The same is happening with my interest in the Scotland games.

I could sort of understand it if they sold the rights to home games to a satellite broadcaster, but when it's away games too, it makes it very difficult to keep up my armchair support for the national team.

I've not heard the argument that the government should subsidise the BBC's coverage of the Scottish national team, but I'd probably trade that for trident.

Archived