Beith juniors 4 Troon 4

Hertha_BJFC

Must have been a great game for the neutrals today but maybe not for beith and Troon fans.

Though a draw was probably the fair result over the piece and that it was a good game.

The ref Craig Napier gave an absolutely baffling penalty for Troon for me and not a single Troon player appealing it tells me how soft it was but we just have to deal with it.

Great goal from Darren christie again and his commitment to our cause is exemplary , troons best player for me was Keenan who pinged it about well all day .

Troons goalie for me was very poor today and he wasn't convincing for a few goals that we scored but as said before a draw was probably about right for me .

Good to catch up again with sharon and the people of Troon who are always a nice bunch to deal with behind the scenes.

We really need to learn how to keep a clean sheet, it's becoming a real problem. Given how many good defenders we have we are conceding too many cheap goals.

If you score 4 goals away from home, you should expect to leave with 3 points.

Agree with the last paragraph and likewise if we score 4 goals at home then we should expect to be taking the three points.

Beith and Ladeside seem to be scoring goals for fun...and losing them.Next derby is bound to finish 10-10.

Aye 10-10 at half time and before we've even managed to grab a pie clash ;)

Great value for £2.50/£5.00 but not good for the old ticker.

Part of our problem is not having a settled back four so far this season. MacDonald started the season injured, before he could come back Donnelly then got crocked at Talbot, Wilson is out injured, Docherty was suspended, Ryan was unavailable a few weeks ago but is now back in the side, Sheridan was on holiday at the weekend......

Hopefully get all fit and available soon.

With the average age of Beith's defence would you be surprised if there is a completely new unit alongside Donnelly for next season? I sometimes wonder if the likes of Sheridan are saved by how tight the park is at Bellsdale, that there is very little space for strikers to spin away into.

Sheridan played well at Meadow Park last week so I don't buy into that one. Big John I'd 35 just now so I don't see him staying next year. Not sure about Wilson, McShane or Ryan. I'd definitely keep Ryan and Wilson. MacDonald I'd imagine will still be there next year. Nicky Docherty is only around 22 or 23 if that so he will be there too.

With the average age of Beith's defence would you be surprised if there is a completely new unit alongside Donnelly for next season? I sometimes wonder if the likes of Sheridan are saved by how tight the park is at Bellsdale, that there is very little space for strikers to spin away into.

Which pitch is wider Bellsdale park or meadow park?

I think it would be interesting to find out the widest to narrowest pitches in the west of Scotland .

I would go for shotts Hannah park as the widest alongside ardeer (haven't visited Largs new plastic yet so can't comment) and maybe dunterlie park up in Barrhead as maybe the narrowest.

Archived