Rangers v Raith Rovers

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just realistic. Look at our record at Ibrox over the last 80 years. Anyone changing their mind on murray on the basis of a defeat at ibrox, no matter how heavy, is daft. The sack murray stuff is utterly tedious.

The one good thing about yesterday was that the Rovers crowd was down to the bare bones and missing all the whiners and moaners. Despite the defeat there was no booing of players or tedious over reaction to mistakes that we get at Starks. Unfortunately that will all be back next week. Fucking boo...

No-one's changing their mind on 1 game; you mad bro? His utter failure to sort out the defence has us hamstrung and unable to progress

What's this about the support being down to bare bones as a good thing? It's a bad thing believe me, and will continue to be until we get a football team who do the basics week in week out.

Do not sit on the internet being all superior because you went to Ibrox and clapped a 6-1 defeat!!

Theres a lot of good rangers fans but plenty of fucking arseholes which unfortunately tar their support.Anyone who takes a flag of a young lad outside the ground when there is 4 to 1 is in the 2nd category.Unless we get the flag back then this wont be forgotten.So if anyone out there knows what to our fifes finest flag then by all means pm me and we can sort something regarding getting it back.Oh by the way our defence is shite.

That's bad craic. What's also bad is a member of FF being lifted yesterday and charged for using a sectarian slur. Could this be our first supporter to get a banning order?

It is true regarding the flag and i wont forget about it thats for sure or how it happened.One word was mentioned which is what caused him to be lifted and it wasnt even aimed at rangers fans it was in the context of the game.Rangers fans sang loads of sectarian shite all game and nothing was done.I even saw a steward laughing at what was being sung.Those at the top of spfl need to get it sorted out or football will die due to this shit.

It is true regarding the flag and i wont forget about it thats for sure or how it happened.One word was mentioned which is what caused him to be lifted and it wasnt even aimed at rangers fans it was in the context of the game.Rangers fans sang loads of sectarian shite all game and nothing was done.I even saw a steward laughing at what was being sung.Those at the top of spfl need to get it sorted out or football will die due to this shit.

:lol:

The home record is shite this season but it's a chicken and egg situation. I suspect a lot of it is nothing to do with how we start games. There are folk on here who have us beat before a ball is kicked and you get the feeling are looking for the first mistake to have a moan.

This. I can't stress this enough. Yesterday was a shite result, no doubt. You'd hope we'd be improving on these things by now. But as you say, the number of utter moaning c***s in our support is ridiculous. As soon as a pass is misplaced, people are right on the players backs. It's the same every single week. Christ, the players must love playing away from Stark's with the number of fuckers who're waiting to unleash their booing.

Do not sit on the internet being all superior because you went to Ibrox and clapped a 6-1 defeat!!

Not claiming to be superior to anyone and I wasn't clapping as we were getting pummelled 6-1. It was pretty grim viewing for most of the game. What I meant was that it was refreshing that even though we were getting a doing no one was losing the plot, shouting abuse or heckling the players as is the norm at Starks Park these days sometimes even when we are drawing 0-0. I'd like to see some of that positive approach replicated at home. It might not make much of a difference but it would be worth giving it a try.

I don't think we're playing well at the moment and the defence has the worrying capacity to ship goals especially against the better teams in the league. So we've been on the end of a few doings and exited both cups meekly but the league record against the teams around about us is good. Only one defeat to Queen of the South which came from a lucky deflection in the 94th minute. Have we played scintillating football in getting these results? No. But the results stand for themselves and considering Murray has not once been able to field his first choice defence then I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Some people are acting like Murray is the most tactically inept manager in the history of Raith Rovers despite the fact only Hearts, Rangers and QOS have managed to beat us in the league so far.

I've said it before that we have made the greatest progress in recent years when we've had consistency of management. I'd rather we stuck with Murray rather than cost ourselves money by punting a manager with a better record than half the division.

Only one defeat to Queen of the South which came from a lucky deflection in the 94th minute.

Or, they went down to 10 men in the 70th minute with the scores at 2-2. And we still lost.

despite the fact only Hearts, Rangers and QOS have managed to beat us in the league so far.

Or, we've lost 4 in 10. And failed to beat everyone outside the bottom four.

I'm really just playing devils advocate with you here, there's two ways to look at our current situation. Generally I would be on the positive side but I just can't help look at how bad things are for us - and given our traditional collapse through winter, it's not looking fantastic right now either.

I'm really just playing devils advocate with you here, there's two ways to look at our current situation. Generally I would be on the positive side but I just can't help look at how bad things are for us - and given our traditional collapse through winter, it's not looking fantastic right now either.

You're spot on. You can look on it as either reasonably good or reasonably poor. What it's not is either brilliant or catastrophic. The winter collapse might not happen. If it does then we're in for another relegation dogfight and Murray will probably be sacked anyway but at the moment I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt until that happens.

Raith Rovers supporters have to realise that Rangers are incredibly inconsistent and no team has outplayed Rangers this season in any competition other than Hibs for 45 minutes.

You have to judge your team on performances against the other clubs and forget results against Rangers and Hearts.

I saw somebody praising Falkirk for the way they played against us..We have beaten them something like 5 or 6 times in the last two years. Raith Rovers beat us only last season..OK they carried a wee bit of luck in that game but every team needs that every now and then.

BTW i am sorry to hear about the Fifes Finest flag and will ask the boy i know in the Blue Order about it but the chances are it is the Union Bears that have it so i think it is gone. They really are wee arseholes

Thanks for that no.8 much appreciated for any help in trying to find what happened to the flag.Send me a pm if you get any joy from the blue order.It was young idiots who took it when we werent there to help our mate and they apparently ran off up the road opposite the wee rangers club.Our lad was shaken up as he tried to keep hold of the flag but was outnumbered and when we asked the police they just shrugged their shoulders.

Thanks for that no.8 much appreciated for any help in trying to find what happened to the flag.Send me a pm if you get any joy from the blue order.It was young idiots who took it when we werent there to help our mate and they apparently ran off up the road opposite the wee rangers club.Our lad was shaken up as he tried to keep hold of the flag but was outnumbered and when we asked the police they just shrugged their shoulders.

Really don't get this thing with nicking each others flags just had the same in Poland with Scotland, I know it's an Ultra thing to mug of the other Ultra group but surely the whole point of Ultras nicking flags is you are meant to get them off other Ultra groups a bit like Hooligans are only meant to attack other Hooligan groups rather than just normal fans so isn't taking flags from normal supporters groups a bit frowned upon by the Ultras thing?

Not claiming to be superior to anyone and I wasn't clapping as we were getting pummelled 6-1. It was pretty grim viewing for most of the game. What I meant was that it was refreshing that even though we were getting a doing no one was losing the plot, shouting abuse or heckling the players as is the norm at Starks Park these days sometimes even when we are drawing 0-0. I'd like to see some of that positive approach replicated at home. It might not make much of a difference but it would be worth giving it a try.

I don't think we're playing well at the moment and the defence has the worrying capacity to ship goals especially against the better teams in the league. So we've been on the end of a few doings and exited both cups meekly but the league record against the teams around about us is good. Only one defeat to Queen of the South which came from a lucky deflection in the 94th minute. Have we played scintillating football in getting these results? No. But the results stand for themselves and considering Murray has not once been able to field his first choice defence then I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Some people are acting like Murray is the most tactically inept manager in the history of Raith Rovers despite the fact only Hearts, Rangers and QOS have managed to beat us in the league so far.

I've said it before that we have made the greatest progress in recent years when we've had consistency of management. I'd rather we stuck with Murray rather than cost ourselves money by punting a manager with a better record than half the division.

No problem. I hate folk getting on the players backs too, I certainly don't do it. I do, however, have a go at the manager when there's no fight or defensive shape and I feel justified in doing that at the moment. You feel differently and I respect that.

Archived