No BBC Highlights

DA Baracus

And not just for today's game; for all our games as far as I can tell. When did this come about? In the last campaign they not only had the highlights of every game but showed all the away games. Now they have absolutely nothing. Pretty pish for folk who don't have Sky.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the new centralised UEFA deal. ITV got all of England's games, Sky got the rest of the home nations. BBC were frozen out completely.

There'll be a few minutes of our game during the England highlights programme tomorrow. But because we play after England in the 2nd round of fixtures this week, we won't see any highlights of the Poland game. Clips on the news at best.

I think today's game is the one that will make people take notice of the lack of terrestrial highlights. You didn't normally expect highlights of away games, but Sportscene was always on for the home ones.

And not just for today's game; for all our games as far as I can tell. When did this come about? In the last campaign they not only had the highlights of every game but showed all the away games. Now they have absolutely nothing. Pretty pish for folk who don't have Sky.

Just paid the Murdoch shilling, tenner for a week for all the Sky Sport channels through Now TV. Goes straight to TV through chromecast dongle.

ITV have the highlights rights I believe. Those with the purse-strings at the BBC couldn't give a f**k about Scottish football.

No, ITV won the rights fair and square and it is THEY who couldn't give a crap about Scottish football. An embarrassment of a TV organisation, especially the cutprice Scottish outpost.

Pretty pish-poor situation, really.

For anyone who has the capability, the game should be on 1TV Georgia. It's at 36° East . I've managed to tune it in from midwest France.

Not sure if a decent signal spreads as far as Scotland.

edit for error

Just paid the Murdoch shilling, tenner for a week for all the Sky Sport channels through Now TV. Goes straight to TV through chromecast dongle.

I did that for the Germany game (through my Xbox) but don't have access in my new flat and so far have been unable to guess my neighbour's Wifi passwords.

No, ITV won the rights fair and square and it is THEY who couldn't give a crap about Scottish football. An embarrassment of a TV organisation, especially the cutprice Scottish outpost.

Announcement during the Poland V World Cup Winners game tonight, the "BIG" game is tomorrow- Estonia v You know who, shower of w"£nkers. PS. Have never heard of the commentators on ITV 4 but they were poor.

Announcement during the Poland V World Cup Winners game tonight, the "BIG" game is tomorrow- Estonia v You know who, shower of w"£nkers. PS. Have never heard of the commentators on ITV 4 but they were poor.

it was also pretty clear the commentator regarded Scotland as a foreign country whenever he mentioned the group

Having them on ITV4 is all well and good but it's not a station with 100% coverage in Scotland unless you have a satellite dish.

It's on Freeview, which should make it available to almost anyone with or without a satellite dish.

It's on Freeview, which should make it available to almost anyone with or without a satellite dish.

You'll not be aware then that not all Freeview areas get all channels? Any area served by a relay doesn't get ITV4 as far as I know.

i.e. unless you get a direct signal from one of the red transmitters on the link below, you're limited to what you get on the smaller relay transmitters they in turn feed, and ITV4 is one of the channels not carried.

http://www.ukfree.tv/maps.php?c=10

Archived