Tartan Army - Good Guys or Wanks?

Tartan Army  

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most Rangers fans I know and have spoke to hate the TA now, not denying they make up a big number of the TA though

Am in Glasgow know nobody like that thankfully Rangers and Celtic fans go to the games together the only time that they can,its all good no trouble

Am in Glasgow know nobody like that thankfully Rangers and Celtic fans go to the games together the only time that they can,its all good no trouble

There's no trouble because the bigoted OF fans are away watching England and Ireland

If there's a group of people dedicated to creating a bit of atmosphere at games without causing any bother, then good luck to them. I'd hate for a Scotland qualifier to have the library atmosphere of your average Celtic home game.

Hamish Husband and anyone who refers to themselves as a 'footsoldier' can f**k right off though.

It's just the doe-a-deer thing for me. What's that all about? Usually starts about 15 minutes in as the beer is wearing off and the realisation kicks in that the fitba's still shite. Back in the 70s that was about the same time Rangers fans started fighting each other so things are better but surely there's something more relevant to Scotland can be found rather than a nun singing to weans up a Tyrolean mountain?

It's just the doe-a-deer thing for me. What's that all about? Usually starts about 15 minutes in as the beer is wearing off and the realisation kicks in that the fitba's still shite. Back in the 70s that was about the same time Rangers fans started fighting each other so things are better but surely there's something more relevant to Scotland can be found rather than a nun singing to weans up a Tyrolean mountain?

Of course its not relevant - that's the point.

A weird tradition that just works.

Cringey, attention-seekers IMO.

There's an air of desperation about them. "look at me, look at me" and "love us, love us" - traits usually associated with Celtic fans abroad which can be equally applied to the 'Tartan Army'.

That said, it didn't stop me enjoying Dortmund last month and it won't stop me enjoying Warsaw next week and for their numerous flaws, they at least know how to behave unlike Old Firm fans on their travels.

Their biggest crime is being a bit embarrassing.

Hamish Husband can f**k right off though.

Edited by Hammer Jag

I like it. Always imagine what opposition supporters think when they hear it.

Last time I went to an away game it was just loads of groups of Scotland fans drinking and enjoying themselves. I don't remember seeing a specific tartan army that were wanks. Most people had kilts on which can be construed as wanky in itself but I'm not really sure you can view such a wide and varied group of people as a collective

After the 3-1 Prague game a few years ago we left the stadium and there was huge guard of honour where loads of Czech kids lined up and were high fiving us and shaking our hands. It was a very proud feeling.

Also this happened at Hampden a few years ago after the Holland game,

Other countries seem to love us.It must be the Scottish gene kicking in when we have to talk ourselves and each other down. We can't have anything good and ever enjoy it. I think i'll name that the 55% gene :P .