Tartan Army - Good Guys or Wanks?

Tartan Army  

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You've been chokin for a stalker since you grew funny hairs. 'Period sex is awful, dudes'. You sound like the auld neighbour of my maws who attempted suicide when his burd fund out he'd been lying to her about having a killer disease. He gave us te speil on doing the vampire anaw, only to be discovered to have recieved not so much as a two hair touch.

You've been chokin for a stalker since you grew funny hairs. 'Period sex is awful, dudes'. You sound like the auld neighbour of my maws who attempted suicide when his burd fund out he'd been lying to her about having a killer disease. He gave us te speil on doing the vampire anaw, only to be discovered to have recieved not so much as a two hair touch.

Seem to do enough to get you wound up anyway

What I have generally seen here is Glasgow / west coast attitude vs the rest of the country attitude to it all.

The Glasgow lot seem to be very traditional and straight forward in their approach to supporting the team (or so it appears on the forum.....reality might see them behave differently ) whereas the fans from across the country seem to have a more open approach to meeting people , making a day of it and just having a good time.

Just my observations.

Edited by theoriginalhedge

Best supporters in the world? probably not, it irks me when journalists speak of the devotion of a Celtic or Liverpool fan, to name but 2 as being superior to Montrose or Scunthorpe. What is it like to be a traveling Luxembourg fan?

football fans on the whole are just football fans. A journey from Dingwall to Stranraer in a car or bus takes longer than a Ryan air flight to Warsaw.

I am a Scotland fan first , we are identified as ' The tartan army ' & we are certainly guilty of being a parody of a parody. The team comes first for me & I feel that the ' win lose or draw I'm really here for the party ' attitude is the one that really & quite rightly irks.

There were 34,000 Scots at the game yesterday , each one of these football fans ripped off by the SFA. football fans, and in the end we are football fans.....not perfect.

hamish

There is a balance here. Once certain elements start to take the 'famous tartan army ' bit too seriously then they veer toward 'wanky'. Most guys are good , up for a beer, bit of a laugh etc. Very little extreme misbehaving.

One element I don't like though is the creeping politics (Yes banners etc). It will be interesting to see if we can revert to going to see Scotland without the referendum backlash entering the fray.

For me football is for football. Drinks, chat, laughs etc.

Leave the politics at home . The OF are a glaring example of where you end up if you let this build up.

If that does happen then this will be my last campaign as I don't want my football spoiled. I'm sure others will see it as an opportunity to make a point. That will be a shame.

Overall I have had some great trips including Italia 90 and France 98 as well as Switzerland , Portugal, Holland, Wales & Wembley 77. Lets hope there's more to come.

Someone naming themself 'The 55' on a football forum saying to keep politics out of football.

Montrose fans are much better than Liverpool and Celtic fans

Luxembourg fans are much better than the TA

I would say Montrose fans have never heard of Liverpool or Celtic, their very lucky if they even know their mothers name!

I still agree!

You've just been searching for a tube-related story since you made a word salad out of a guy talking about tubes. Amazingly, within days of seeing no trouble 'itsept English toffs being sick on stag do's' the fine people of our capital get it in the neck. King for a Day i say.

You've just been searching for a tube-related story since you made a word salad out of a guy talking about tubes. Amazingly, within days of seeing no trouble 'itsept English toffs being sick on stag do's' the fine people of our capital get it in the neck. King for a Day i say.

It happened what else am I supposed to say here?

Its not good crack we know they hate Glasgow,but that was pretty low even by there standards

What is worse is that I have to get the same train as them to come back home

Fair enough you get good ones from there to who probably were ashamed and cringing for them

Nobody spoke up though to tell him to shut his mouth from what I heard

Guys from Edinburgh who abused the female passengers for being slow getting of the tube were most certainly wankers yesterday when they tried to push in before letting them of in a scramble for seats.

How did you know they were from Edinburgh?

i-smell-shite-o.gif

It happened what else am I supposed to say here?

Its not good crack we know they hate Glasgow,but that was pretty low even by there standards

What is worse is that I have to get the same train as them to come back home

Fair enough you get good ones from there to who probably were ashamed and cringing for them

Nobody spoke up though to tell him to shut his mouth from what I heard

Including you then??? Its went from 'them' to 'him' in six words. Beats me why you'd HAVE to get the same train back....living in Glasgow after all.....plenty of transport options along the PRW....plenty of boozers to drop into if a walk took the fancy......i thought you of all people would know that!!! Edited by ShawfieldAggro

^^^Never happened.

On my nieces and nephew and great nieces and nephew"s life it happened

And it actually made me think of Aggro"s comments when it was happening

Up till then I have saw no incidents like I saw yesterday it was disgraceful

Just cos we had to wait a hour for the tube fannies take there anger out on the public

Not a good crack from the so called best fans in the world self appointed

What comments from i, gobblechops??? Please don't think of that in public again. You completely stupid fucking bampot. The stupid is further exemplified by the fact it would have taken you less than an hour to walk to where you were going. Again, being from Glasgow....if what you allege is so serious and you did nothing, its entirely your fault. Now away and bile yer heed.

Edited by ShawfieldAggro