QOS v Falkirk

You have a new pitch? But you told us again and again last season there was nothing wrong with your old one. Don't say you replaced it just on our accounts.
Decided we wanted a better pitch than you have..Upgraded our pitch you will see a big difference than last season.Think we seen how good a 3G pitch can be at Falkirk decided to get better.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided we wanted a better pitch than you have..Upgraded our pitch you will see a big difference than last season.Think we seen how good a 3G pitch can be at Falkirk decided to get better.

I suspect you might be lying. QotS fans do enjoy indulging in wee porkies when it comes to stories about their perfect pitch.

You have a new pitch? But you told us again and again last season there was nothing wrong with your old one. Don't say you replaced it just on our accounts.

That would have been nice, but no.

There was nothing wrong with how the pitch played last year but it looked rubbish. The company who laid it didnt want to leave it like that, particularly with the increased attention on the Championship this season. Wouldnt have been particularly good for business. So, they relaid it for nothing.

Its only the top layer that was replaced but we got a much better looking pitch that plays even better than last year for free :)

I suspect you might be lying. QotS fans do enjoy indulging in wee porkies when it comes to stories about their perfect pitch.

We didnt have a perfect pitch. We had a perfectly playable pitch that looked rubbish. We now have a better one.

Which "porkies" would these be then?

"We had a perfectly playable pitch that looked rubbish".

Yep, of course you did. Keep telling yourself that, and you might eventually convince yourself it's true. You reckon you ripped up and relayed a pitch at a cost of 100k because there was nowt wrong with it?

Yep, of course you did. Keep telling yourself that, and you might eventually convince yourself it's true. You reckon you ripped up and relayed a pitch at a cost of 100k because there was nowt wrong with it?

As I just said, there was no cost to the club.

There was something wrong with the pitch, it didnt look right. I believe there was also an issue with the longevity of it. Whatever caused it to look the way it did also meant it wouldnt have lasted as long as it should have. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the way it played, I dont need to convince myself its true. It is true. The reasons for relaying it were explained by the club and the company who laid it during the summer

Where you getting 100k from ? Made up nonsense again from the Falkirk fans regarding the pitch, the reason you lost twice last season at Palmerston was obviously the pitches fault.

Best away day for us nowadays and I hope the decent crowd we take, gets rewarded well. If we play to a decent standard we will win.

Analysing it from the start of the season and the squad we have, we are due to beat someone comfortably. I have my doubts it will be this game because of QOTS's stature but it won't surprise me if we ended up winning easy. If within the next few weeks we haven't beat a team quite comfortably, I will be worried big time

Where you getting 100k from ? Made up nonsense again from the Falkirk fans regarding the pitch, the reason you lost twice last season at Palmerston was obviously the pitches fault.

That's what it costs to resurface the top layer of a synthetic pitch. That's the consumable element that wears out every decade or so (unless it looks "rubbish"). Do you understand any of this? 100k for 5000m2 comes in at twenty quid per square metre. Or do you reckon QotS know someone who does it for a five grand? It really isn't too difficult to find the cost.....and 100k is what it costs.

"Made up nonsense"............... You really haven't got a clue.

Freemason, nobody actually cares about your rather silly point scoring, or whatever it is you are trying to do. You are obviously a rather sad individual at a very basic level. I hope you can find peace in yourself and that your future life is better than your present and past have obviously been. Best wishes to you.

Watched last 40 mins of game v Raith on alba and for a 10 min spell QOS played very well, tho it seemed to go tits up losing two goals and then having their goal area living a charmed life with Raith perhaps being on top but not playing as well as QOS were in that 10 min spell. The strangest moment was Mark Stewart getting Alba MOM.....I think he touched the ball 4 or 5 times in 40 mins. I wouldnt normally sat through a repeat alba game, but knowing I'd see 5 goals in 40 mins seemed to me a good return.

We will have had a fortnight off, dunno if that's good or bad,but one thing I do hope is that we have vaulks in the middle,two up top,Cooper wide and Smith nowhere near the starting 11. That will give us a chance of taking something from the game

That's what it costs to resurface the top layer of a synthetic pitch. That's the consumable element that wears out every decade or so (unless it looks "rubbish"). Do you understand any of this? 100k for 5000m2 comes in at twenty quid per square metre. Or do you reckon QotS know someone who does it for a five grand? It really isn't too difficult to find the cost.....and 100k is what it costs.

"Made up nonsense"............... You really haven't got a clue.

I'm not sure which part of "didn't cost the club anything" you're having difficulty with. Personally, I couldn't care if it cost the company who supplied it a million billion dollars. Makes no difference to the club at all.

I'm not sure which part of "didn't cost the club anything" you're having difficulty with. Personally, I couldn't care if it cost the company who supplied it a million billion dollars. Makes no difference to the club at all.

Oh right, it was a warranty thing because it wasn't laid correctly in the first place. Why not just admit that back then and be done with it?

Oh right, it was a warranty thing because it wasn't laid correctly in the first place. Why not just admit that back then and be done with it?

What do you mean back then? I didnt know about it until the summer. Since then, everyone has been pretty clear there was an issue with the pitch and the company who laid it replaced it, at there cost.

Still didnt affect the way it played though. Thats kind of the key point here

Home win.

Durnan will be back and Higgins will move to left back.

Hopefully Baird is restored to his rightful place on the bench.

My thoughts exactly, Lyle offers us so much more.

Archived