Ardagh Cup Final

Dipple burn

No complaints best team won , I can understand all the talk about the talbot line ups the last couple of games but then again tucker Sloan has been totally outstanding as a talbot manager so therefor I think that he can't be questioned he sees things that the average supporter doesn't and I'm sure we'll all agree he'll not be a happy man , but I'd put my house on him sorting it out sooner rather than later , 3 of the talbot midfield are in their testimonial year that's a lot of running that's been done in a talbot jersey so maybe he's trying to keep them fresh for a long hard season , bet the glens boys are glad they kept the flags up

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone film it?

Thought the ref made the right call on both penalties, but would like another chance to see them.

The Milliken incident was a stonewaller. Poor decision from the referee and not helped by the lineman. As I have said the handball incident was a hard one to officiate but I have seen them given. I saw the same happen to Willie Lyle last season at Petershill. Anyway it was not to be and the best team won the trophy.

Spot on with your view of the game. Couldn't of put it better myself. PS heard about the food at Troon but I thought the pie was rotten, very greasy.

Best pie - Beith (chicken and haggis). Best lentil soup - Largs (with Kilbirnie a very, very close second). Best fish supper - Bo'ness.

Good banter between both set of fans today with no animosity , the way it should be , anyway nice to see the glens getting a wee cup to celebrate , the talbot will move on for the elite trophies AGAIN

Haven't seen anything from the Talbot so far this year to suggest they will win a trophy this season unless tucker buys in some quality players Talbot could suffer their first blank season in a number of years.

The Milliken incident was a stonewaller. Poor decision from the referee and not helped by the lineman. As I have said the handball incident was a hard one to officiate but I have seen them given. I saw the same happen to Willie Lyle last season at Petershill. Anyway it was not to be and the best team won the trophy.

I'm inclined to disagree re: Milliken. I was standing as close as i could be to it, he was looking for it as soon as he passed the defender. If he'd stayed up he'd have been clean through.

As Dipple quite rightly said had we got the two penalties and scored from them it would have been a travesty of justice, we were quite simply outplayed because we had no real game plan and no plan "B"

Glens were a pleasure to watch today, their movement on and off the ball was excellent and at times they went through our defence like a knife through hot butter. What we really needed today was a holding midfielder (at least) who could put his foot on the ball and take the speed and sting out of the game. Instead we played the long ball down the channels time after time, and then promptly lost possession and it started all over again.

It's really difficult to put a finger on what's gone wrong, but there's tired legs and a distinct lack of confidence at the moment. With 18 league games to go it could be a major issue if not addressed quickly, but have seen Tucker get it right time after time before so am confident he'll do it again. Still the benchmark Junior club.

Hardly catastrophic harry, talbot are still the team to beat , and that's a fact

If it meant taking two steps back to go three forward then a blank season wouldn't be a disaster and I am sure any team who beats Talbot will take it as a massive achievement. The most concerning thing is tucker hasn't brought in a player of note over the past two season something which must be a major worry to any Talbot fan you should always strengthen from a position of strength something that hasn't happened at Beechwood to many bench warmers at Talbot, Talbot have about 9/10 quality players and some of them are getting on a bit and some are starting to look stale. Tucker has a bit of work to do if he wants to continue keeping Talbot as the top dogs it wont be easy but he has to add at least 4 real quality players to the team to keep Talbot in poll position.

The Glens deserve a lot of credit for the way they played, they didn't have a failure and their midfield 4 were outstanding.

That said, that was the poorest I have seen Talbot play, apart from Wilson, McGoldrick and Milliken the rest were poor.

I agree with HB there are players that are getting to the end of their careers and their replacements aren't in the same class.

Talbot fans seem a tad concerned about losing an Ardagh final,quite sure Tucker is not,bigger better things than the kick about cup to play for.By all reports Tucker has been fielding strange starting 11s,he has done this before in the not so significant cup ties,losing to Edinburgh was a downer so he will be taking stock and a few Talbot players may have cause to worry.

Well done again Tommy Bryce,nobody would give the man a chance after leaving Ladeside,he has now went from helping Maryhill with a bit of coaching to the junior cup final and another Ardagh Cup win.He is a quality coach and a sound guy and the only person that can get the big Kinney boy to play to his potential.

Glenafton were a joy to watch yesterday. From early in the game they looked the superior side.

The last people Tucker wants to be standing beside during a game is James Latta, & Colin Spence, both lads are clearly not fully fit.

Even the normally reliable Ally Park had his boots on the wrong feet.

The Talbot lads worked hard but were well beaten on the day.

Talbots best were Butch, & the bus driver.

Archived