Ardagh Cup Final

Dipple burn

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talbot completely outplayed by Glens from start to finish! Fact. Customary pen never arrived lol. Whether any of the pen shouts were justified, it matters not a jot. Cannot ever remember seeing Auchinleck so utterly bereft of ideas.

Congratulations Glenafton.

Talbot completely outplayed by Glens from start to finish! Fact. Customary pen never arrived lol. Whether any of the pen shouts were justified, it matters not a jot. Cannot ever remember seeing Auchinleck so utterly bereft of ideas.

Congratulations Glenafton.

must agree with everything you've said never seen a more inept talbot performance, perhaps someone could tell me why spence didn't play from the start, heard he might be injured but surely if fit enough to be on the bench he could have started

Delighted with glens today.

We were really good and Talbot very average which I thought we would need to give us a chance.

Talbot should have had one penalty for a handball, the other was a blatant dive and the bot striker rightly booked.

I've never seen Glens create so many chances against Talbot, full credit to Tommy Bryce and the players who I thought were excellent today.

Special mention to Jamie McGeoghan, at the back for glens who was outstanding.

was at game today,,first I have saw glenafton,,,,,,thought they were excellent,,,played some great football at times,,,,,no 8 mcleron,was excellent in cmid,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bad day at the office for tucker,,,,,,but well done wee tommy,,on winning cup,,,

The referee was right to book Milliken, as a neutral I suppose I can say I thought the ref was pretty good the whole game.

Couldn't understand what system Talbot were playing. It looked like McCracken was sweeping behind Lyle and Park, with Boyd being torn a new one every time Strachan came down that side. Wee Steven White was anonymous most of the game.

Glenafton completely deserved their win. I though Connolly and Kinney bossed the Talbot backline and McKernon owned the midfield. I thought the two center halves were quality and backed up by a brilliant couple of saves from McGarrity.

All in all a nice day out and a new ground. Good atmosphere too.

Best team won easily could and should have been more, totally baffled by tucker Sloan's starting eleven to start a cup final without Spence and Latta in the midfield left a lot of people scratching their heads two lads who have carried the Talbot midfield for years in tons of big games. Maybe we are now seeing the end of an era at Beechwood there is definitely something missing at Talbot now.

Glens looked good today played some nice football first half and where never troubled second half well deserved win for the men from New Cumnock.

Genuine impartial view follows: I wear neither red/white nor gold/black blinkers. Talbot never at the races with Glens showing more pace, hunger and movement off the ball. Milliken penalty claim was correctly dismissed: he was looking for it as he went past the defender. If he'd vaulted the challenge he'd have gone on to score. Maybe. Second claim dubious as the ball came at pace at the defender as it flicked off an aerial duel: it was ball-to-hand as the defender had his arms at his sides.

Some of the Talbot claims were becoming desperate as their time ran out: the officials called almost every decision correct. A rare off-day for the normally reliable Gormley, who had the proverbial cow's-arse-banjo performance. Glens had a natural swagger to their play and never really looked troubled by a Talbot attack bereft of ideas, even though Wilson persevered, always looked to create and was head-and-shoulders the best player in gold and black. Stand out for me was Daniel Orsi, playing right back for Glens: read the Talbot attack, great composure on the ball and distributed it well.

We were outplayed, out thought and out passed by a Glens team who many have rightly said could have scored a lot more. The Talbot line up was baffling to say the least. Pope was missing due to holidays so Park went to the left and Willie Lyle went to the right. Lyle has been outstanding in the sweepers role and played really well with McCracken in games past. McGoldrick has played at right back so I would have put that down as a logical move as big Martin has the speed to cope with any winger. The Talbot midfield was a shambles, no playmaker and no help for the forwards, this is where the Glens won the game. Latta and Spence are two names that would be in my starting line up every week, so if they are not injured I would be interested to see why they didn't start.

The penalty calls were wrong, I was standing next to Brian McGarrity's right hand post when Milliken was brought down. It was a stonewaller and when Brian was asked about it he agreed it was a penalty. The handball incident would have been harsh as I feel the lad was unsighted when it hit his hand, but I have seen them given. However I feel if we had pulled level with two penalties then it would have been a travesty. Talbot were woefull but don't take anything away from the Glens because even though it was hard to watch they were worthy winners no doubt about it. That's two poor performances that have cost us dearly. Also the playing surface was superb.

Genuine impartial view follows: I wear neither red/white nor gold/black blinkers. Talbot never at the races with Glens showing more pace, hunger and movement off the ball. Milliken penalty claim was correctly dismissed: he was looking for it as he went past the defender. If he'd vaulted the challenge he'd have gone on to score. Maybe. Second claim dubious as the ball came at pace at the defender as it flicked off an aerial duel: it was ball-to-hand as the defender had his arms at his sides.

Some of the Talbot claims were becoming desperate as their time ran out: the officials called almost every decision correct. A rare off-day for the normally reliable Gormley, who had the proverbial cow's-arse-banjo performance. Glens had a natural swagger to their play and never really looked troubled by a Talbot attack bereft of ideas, even though Wilson persevered, always looked to create and was head-and-shoulders the best player in gold and black. Stand out for me was Daniel Orsi, playing right back for Glens: read the Talbot attack, great composure on the ball and distributed it well.

Spot on with your view of the game. Couldn't of put it better myself. PS heard about the food at Troon but I thought the pie was rotten, very greasy.

Archived