So what's happening with the anthem this weekend?

So what's the craic with the anthem this weekend?  

197 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

^^^ Blimey that's desperate! :lol:

They didn't win. They didn't win because they're sub-human scum.

Well that was easy :)

even got you to call yourself desperate in the process :thumsup2

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quality entertainment. Fantastic to see the cuddly-toy of international football unravel to reveal what consummate knobends they are. I tried to warn you it was all just a wee joke to the majority....'jimmy hat..check. Feathers in Glengarry....check. Pish stained kilt...check'...now i'll go and kid on i'm a warrior'. The penny dropped for me very very quickly (the night we beat Ukraine) and i only went back half heartedly afterwards because my tickets were a present. The song will be sung as good or bad (as your taste believes as its ever been), simply because deep down no one who can afford the fucking tickets can claim with any authority that their life is so shite and desperate that they need to bother who governs them, and any irony felt by the dummy-spitters about that fact is lost, unless the want to go round demanding to know who voted whit. In any case they won't do anything, just stand and greet, like they always do. Maybe one or two of you could ask a couple of Georgians what real hardship and national honour mean and how they can be connected to this absolute chimps tea party.

Jmothecat is a fucking willy I wouldn't bother trying to get into a conversation with the boy after seeing his posts on the referendum. Brainwashed labour lover. All no voters should abstain from the national side, it's MORE than just a football team which they obviously don't seem to realise.

Charming, but the Scotland football team are just a football team. The national side represent Scotland at football, not Scottish politics, not the Scottish parliament, simply us a football team. Why should I abstain from the national side when I've supported them all my life and will continue to do so whatever my political views and beliefs may be. Deciding that people can only support their national side if they believe in specific political views or can only sing the song chosen to represent them before matches if they have those political beliefs (which are the minority view of the Scottish electorate) is bizarre. Scotland represents Scotland at football, not just those who voted Yes, or those who consider themselves political nationalists, or those who support the SNP, but anyone who considers themselves Scottish. A No vote wasn't a vote against being Scottish. Why should someone who, for example, was worried about the economic implications of Scottish independence for their own family or job be suddenly told they shouldn't support Scotland because their vote reflected those worries?

Charming, but the Scotland football team are just a football team. The national side represent Scotland at football, not Scottish politics, not the Scottish parliament, simply us a football team. Why should I abstain from the national side when I've supported them all my life and will continue to do so whatever my political views and beliefs may be. Deciding that people can only support their national side if they believe in specific political views or can only sing the song chosen to represent them before matches if they have those political beliefs (which are the minority view of the Scottish electorate) is bizarre. Scotland represents Scotland at football, not just those who voted Yes, or those who consider themselves political nationalists, or those who support the SNP, but anyone who considers themselves Scottish. A No vote wasn't a vote against being Scottish. Why should someone who, for example, was worried about the economic implications of Scottish independence for their own family or job be suddenly told they shouldn't support Scotland because their vote reflected those worries?

^ What a load of pish.

Why do we deserve a national football team? We chose to be a colony of England or a region of the UK, look at the definition of colony ' A colony is a territory (Scotland) under the immediate political control of a state distinct from the home territory of the sovereign (England)'..... what England want is what we get. Westminster control our parliament, Our parliament survives off of grants and devolved powers from another one that controls it. London is our capital.

No voters want to have their cake and eat it, why should we have a football team, why shouldnt Catalonia or Quebec or whatever be allowed a team? Why arent Gibraltar allowed playing in FIFA competitions? Because they are not independent nations, just like we arent. Next time you are watching a DVD or buying some online shopping have a look at the country drop down menu and find Scotland on it.

No voters can f**k off and watch Team GB and leave the national side to those who are not hypocrites.

Are No voters really going to sing that line in the song without cringing even slightly?

That would be fucking cringey to the extreme if they did. Irony overload. Jmothecat belting it out after campaigning for the country (hmmm) to remain under the control of a foreign (not now) one.

No vote was not a vote against being Scottish,care to expand further on that point please/

From what I can see it was a vote to be British and to lose soverngty,you handed that over to England

^ What a load of pish.

Why do we deserve a national football team? We chose to be a colony of England or a region of the UK, look at the definition of colony ' A colony is a territory (Scotland) under the immediate political control of a state distinct from the home territory of the sovereign (England)'..... what England want is what we get. Westminster control our parliament, Our parliament survives off of grants and devolved powers from another one that controls it. London is our capital.

No voters want to have their cake and eat it, why should we have a football team, why shouldnt Catalonia or Quebec or whatever be allowed a team? Why arent Gibraltar allowed playing in FIFA competitions? Because they are not independent nations, just like we arent. Next time you are watching a DVD or buying some online shopping have a look at the country drop down menu and find Scotland on it.

No voters can f**k off and watch Team GB and leave the national side to those who are not hypocrites.

I have to agree with jmothecat. I voted Yes, but I respect the choice of those who voted No. To insinuate that every No voter 100% wants to be British and 100% shuns the idea of being Scottish is way too simplistic. Some might have felt this way, but as many if not more seem to have been browbeaten or terrified of the consequences of voting Yes or had a number of other practical or personal reasons behind their choice of vote.

That viewpoint doesn't make it any easier for a No voter to sing FOS, I'd imagine, but it's important to highlight that we're talking about people, we're almost always talking about shades of grey.

I have to agree with jmothecat. I voted Yes, but I respect the choice of those who voted No. To insinuate that every No voter 100% wants to be British and 100% shuns the idea of being Scottish is way too simplistic. Some might have felt this way, but as many if not more seem to have been browbeaten or terrified of the consequences of voting Yes or had a number of other practical or personal reasons behind their choice of vote.

That viewpoint doesn't make it any easier for a No voter to sing FOS, I'd imagine, but it's important to highlight that we're talking about people, we're almost always talking about shades of grey.

Or there lodge told them what to vote more like or just that there old school NF right wing nut jobs or vote for the BNP and even if they o not the red Tories and blue ones also allied them self with those people,and for me that will never be forgiven

Thats not what I have been saying at all though....

Like I said they want to have their cake and eat it, we dont deserve or really have a right to a national team. We are not a country.

Rangers fans by and large voted no as they beleive for some crazy reason that they love the union and the union loves them. So they must be happy for the English Priemer league to suck up all TV money in the UNION( that does not get shared equally even though sky makes millions a year in Scotland) that they voted for, which in turn is aideing the demise of there own club. Thats irony for you.

The sooner scotlands shame gets liquidated AGAIN the better for scottish football and Scotland as a whole.

It will give me great pleasure to hear FOS being belted out at Ibrox.

Rangers fans by and large voted no as they beleive for some crazy reason that they love the union and the union loves them. So they must be happy for the English Priemer league to suck up all TV money in the UNION( that does not get shared equally even though sky makes millions a year in Scotland) that they voted for, which in turn is aideing the demise of there own club. Thats irony for you.

The sooner scotlands shame gets liquidated AGAIN the better for scottish football and Scotland as a whole.

It will give me great pleasure to hear FOS being belted out at Ibrox.

Plenty of Rangers fans voted aye know lots of them there was also Rangers facebook pages for Indy to going about

Archived