So what's happening with the anthem this weekend?

So what's the craic with the anthem this weekend?  

197 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If those whining about being a state and nation were genuine about their interpretation of the recent No vote, they'd boycott the national team altogether. The fact that most aren't pretty much exposes them as attention seeking hypocrites. Get behind the Scotland team and quit your grumbling.

55-45, an utter landslide, eh?

It wasn't 55-45.

However, yes, it was an absolute mauling. Far greater margin of defeat than any bar the most optimistic of No voters could have dreamed of.

A vast 10% + chasm.

Surprised no one has suggested a mass walkout on 45 minutes. Christ, it's like Old Firm fans bleating when things don't go their way. Scotland voted, majority voted No, get on with it and get behind the national team on Saturday

but what Anthem should those going to the game sing?

It wasn't 55-45.

However, yes, it was an absolute mauling. Far greater margin of defeat than any bar the most optimistic of No voters could have dreamed of.

A vast 10% + chasm.

Okay poindexter, it was 55.3 - 44.7

Boy do I feel stupid!

The one that the team will be singing. Flower of Scotland. If you're singing something else you'll look a bit stupid.

I'm not going so I won't be singing anything. Interesting how a wee ditty penned by The Corries is polarising opinion on here. Never been a big fan of it although it's had its moments. Enjoy the game mate.

If individual YES voters don't like FoS because they think it's jingoistsic, nationalistic or just a dirge then that's a fair position.

If individual YES voters don't want to sing FoS because of the referendum result then that's pathetic. I would have hoped the result would have galvanised those who support Independence; instead we have folk wanting to sit in the corner feeling sorry for themselves.

45% of those who voted in the referendum voted YES. Demographics suggest this figure will grow in years to come.

In 1967 the first SNP MP was elected.

In 2014 45% of those who voted in the referendum voted YES.

The writing is on the wall but some folk are just illiterate.

I'm not going so I won't be singing anything. Interesting how a wee ditty penned by The Corries is polarising opinion on here. Never been a big fan of it although it's had its moments. Enjoy the game mate.

I think it's always polarised opinion. When it works it is great but the main problem for me is the whole timing thing. Sometimes it's all wrong and it's a dogs breakfast. But at Cardiff recently it worked and was superb.

If individual YES voters don't like FoS because they think it's jingoistsic, nationalistic or just a dirge then that's a fair position.

If individual YES voters don't want to sing FoS because of the referendum result then that's pathetic. I would have hoped the result would have galvanised those who support Independence; instead we have folk wanting to sit in the corner feeling sorry for themselves.

45% of those who voted in the referendum voted YES. Demographics suggest this figure will grow in years to come.

In 1967 the first SNP MP was elected.

In 2014 45% of those who voted in the referendum voted YES.

The writing is on the wall but some folk are just illiterate.

I don't doubt that (unless I die unfortunately young) Scotland will be independent in my lifetime. When that day comes I'll be immensely patriotic and will care about our national football team a great deal. However, I like many others find it hard to find much pride in being from Scotland at this moment in time and therefore have mixed feelings with our "national" team and certainly the national anthem. Give it 20 years when the old are brown bread, the young have become middle aged and the new generation are proud to be Scottish and it'll rub off on me. Until then it's different. I want Scotland to beat Georgia but I wouldn't dream of paying money to go, and if I was there I wouldn't sing the anthem.

Here's a strange thought, my grandparents aren't from Scotland but most people who read/post on here will have Scottish grandparents. Therefore, if you're reading this it's statistically likely that my gran's sound and yours is a c**t. 8)

Archived