what times the scottish junior cup draw today ?

daleboy1969

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll miss Culter v Rutherglen Glencairn due to a weekend away. It will no doubt be a difficult tie for us, but it's not one that I think we can't win.

The BU's beat Culter 7-1 yesterday in the big Scottish.......and it should have been closer to 14-1. Culter were rotten with several boys in their team probably because they have footballers haircuts. Easy peasy win for Rutherglen Glencairn.

The BU's beat Culter 7-1 yesterday in the big Scottish.......and it should have been closer to 14-1. Culter were rotten with several boys in their team probably because they have footballers haircuts. Easy peasy win for Rutherglen Glencairn.

I hope you're right. But they're back to back North Superleague champions and they're at home, so they must be favourites.

I hope you're right. But they're back to back North Superleague champions and they're at home, so they must be favourites.

I wouldnt look too much into that, completely different team to last season, hence the result yesterday

Good try but I don't think so

To be fair, I wasn't trying anything. ;-) I know very little about the North Region teams, but I do know the name of Culter as they have been in the senior Scottish for the last couple of years. Why have their team completely changed from last season if they have won the North Superleague for the past two seasons ? I see that Ashfield went up to Culter at this stage last season and won, so that has made me hopeful.

To be fair, I wasn't trying anything. ;-) I know very little about the North Region teams, but I do know the name of Culter as they have been in the senior Scottish for the last couple of years. Why have their team completely changed from last season if they have won the North Superleague for the past two seasons ? I see that Ashfield went up to Culter at this stage last season and won, so that has made me hopeful.

A few players had been with culter for a few years and felt they needed a new challenge, they've won alot of trophies in the last 4-5 seasons. some went to highland league, a few retired, some work commitments. The coach left a week before the end of last season, something like 10 players gone from last seasons squad. Jamie mcallister scored 100+ goals in 2 seasons he's a huge loss! Completely different outfit and could be a long season ahead if yesterday is anything to go by

A few players had been with culter for a few years and felt they needed a new challenge, they've won alot of trophies in the last 4-5 seasons. some went to highland league, a few retired, some work commitments. The coach left a week before the end of last season, something like 10 players gone from last seasons squad. Jamie mcallister scored 100+ goals in 2 seasons he's a huge loss! Completely different outfit and could be a long season ahead if yesterday is anything to go by

Thanks for the info, I'm sure we won't underestimate them though. Hopefully Culter will have somebody tweeting updates from the game, as I'll be in London.

What an away day for Vics that is, almost 230 mile round trip. Furthest distance of the draw?

Yer having a laugh surely?

230 miles one way and we'll still not be at park.

And before anyone has a go, I know it is 223 shortest distance (which is what we use when calculating guarantee) but by the time we go round picking up players at Ayr and Kilmarnock it could be more like 240 miles.

Maybe it's not much consolation kennie but burghead is a cracking wee place to visit. Great pub in the village that put on what i can only describe as a feast for us. Cracking unusual little ground next to a forest. Just hope the weather is good for you guys like it was for us

We were 5 hours getting home due to a bad car crash but it was a great day out for us .

Maybe it's not much consolation kennie but burghead is a cracking wee place to visit. Great pub in the village that put on what i can only describe as a feast for us. Cracking unusual little ground next to a forest. Just hope the weather is good for you guys like it was for us

We were 5 hours getting home due to a bad car crash but it was a great day out for us .

Not complaining mate, it's not ideal finance wise, but thems the breaks. Ties like this get thrown up every season. You just have to get on with it.

I'm sure we'll enjoy our visit.

Yer having a laugh surely?

230 miles one way and we'll still not be at park.

And before anyone has a go, I know it is 223 shortest distance (which is what we use when calculating guarantee) but by the time we go round picking up players at Ayr and Kilmarnock it could be more like 240 miles.

To be fair I've never heard of the place that Lugar are going too so no way of knowing how far, fairly looking forward to our game.

Full draw:

Livingston Utd v Shotts

Blackburn v Musselburgh

Montrose v Irvine Vic's

Arthurlie v Dunbar

Pumpherston v Rob Roy

Newmains v Lochee Utd

Kennoway v Craigmark

Haddington v Linlithgow

Glenafton v Broxburn

Luncarty v Forfar Albion

Bathgate v Blantyre

Edinburgh Utd v Crossgates

Kello Rovers v Glenrothes

Grantham v Bellshill

West Calder v Carnoustie

Clydebank v Lossiemouth

Thorne wood v Kirriemuir Thistle

Carluke v Troon

Greenock v Newtongrange Star

Largs Thistle v Sauchie

Dalry Thistle v Hermes

Buckie Rovers v St Andrews Utd

Armadale v Fauldhouse United

St Anthonys v Dunipace

Larkhall v Darvel

Saltcoats Vics v Maidstone

Rosyth v Hurlford

Fraserburgh v Rossvale

..... more to follow

Saltcoats v. Maidstone would be a fair trek. Would of fancied that as tie of the round, wee bit of anglo-scottish cup action . . .

Archived