New Arthurlie Manager

cmonthelie

So by that comment Jc you mean a manager that has done the rounds in junior football???c'mon BIG man support new managers for the juniors fans are sick of same old same old give the new boys a chance ,,,

aye give new boys a crack yes but new managers with minimum 2-3 years management experience to step up to that level. I wish southy every success he's a great guy. I'm entitled to my opinion BALDY haha

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
in a nice rosey world it would be great new young managers coming through but here's the reality of things players will listen and do more for an experienced manager than new comers at that level that's fact. Swifty and crills have done great but who else? Guys like john McKeown at wishaw is doing great starting at the bottom and learning his trade and making mistakes to learn from without the pressure of the top league.

If clubs spoke to fans and said we are giving a guy a chance have patience get behind him , give him time , we might have more ex player's getting jobs !!!! We gave two guy's a chance,we had a list as long as your arm with experienced junior managers wanting job but my club took a chance it's going fine ,so I hope others clubs go down this road .

aye give new boys a crack yes but new managers with minimum 2-3 years management experience to step up to that level. I wish southy every success he's a great guy. I'm entitled to my opinion BALDY haha

J c sometimes its worth a gamble !!!! I respect ur opinion lol

Well we gambled when we gave Chris Strain Junior and Colin Stewart the job and so far it is working very very well

my point is the top league. For me young mangers will learn more coming up through the leagues

Tommy Sloan started in the top league as Manager of Auchinleck Talbot and the rest as they say is History

He went for that job as at the time when he Applied for the Kilwinning Job our chairman at the time thought he was too young I think he proved him wrong don't you

Tommy Sloan started in the top league as Manager of Auchinleck Talbot and the rest as they say is History

He went for that job as at the time when he Applied for the Kilwinning Job our chairman at the time thought he was too young I think he proved him wrong don't you

Beat me to it.

That was my point.

p&b or any forum is all about opinions.

Not according to nugent4nil though.

Changed days eh.

You weren't condemned so much for your opinion , more the way you put it. You were also slated for releasing the name before the Club. You cannot keep your mouth shut and the sooner your informants realise that the better.

By all accounts our new manager is a signed player with another club. What if he hadn't yet informed them ? What if that club decided to hold him to his contract ?

There was obviously a reason for Arthurlie not releasing his name but you had to let people know what you knew.

What are you talking about.

He will be coming to Arthurlie as a manager only I believe.

This coming from a guy that stated he may stop going to games for a while.

I attend games no matter what results are or performances.

Also I very rarely post anything about information I get.

Nobody stated don't say anything if they had I would not have posted.

my point is the top league. For me young mangers will learn more coming up through the leagues

17 Scotland U21 caps

300+ SFL appearances

5 years at the top of Junior football.

A guy who will have absorbed information, techniques and ideas from many a different manager.

A willingness to take on a difficult job at a club seemingly stuck in a relegation battle this season.

....and you still want the same old same old failures getting the jobs at the top leagues. Jesus wept.

Thank goodness the East doesnt have such an insular attitude and the big clubs are always willing to appoint someone who thankfully doesnt come from the same old pool of has-beens.

17 Scotland U21 caps

300+ SFL appearances

5 years at the top of Junior football.

A guy who will have absorbed information, techniques and ideas from many a different manager.

A willingness to take on a difficult job at a club seemingly stuck in a relegation battle this season.

....and you still want the same old same old failures getting the jobs at the top leagues. Jesus wept.

Thank goodness the East doesnt have such an insular attitude and the big clubs are always willing to appoint someone who thankfully doesnt come from the same old pool of has-beens.

Well said & great post

Archived