Excited

mrman2011

Yes. Regardless of your side in the cup, every year could be 'your year' whether that's e.g. Aberdeen winning it, Brechin simply getting further than they've ever been or Dalbeattie Star getting far enough to be in the draw with the big boys.

Can't get down to Brechin in time for the Morton game today so will probably go to Inverurie Locos vs Hurlford. Would I have done that if it had been e.g. Strathspey visiting in a HL fixture? Probably not.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Scottish cup. It's my favourite competition, I just wish it was a huge free for all, and every team was in it from the start. Straight knockout. None of this seeding nonsense, who cares if Wigtown & Bladnoch F.C, are drawn away to somewhere ( like fortress East End Park ) for example. It gives everyone a shot at glory! That's what it's all about in my opinion.

There's nothing better than seeing one of the Premiership teams come to somerset. The place really is bouncing and I always get a prematch buzz wether it be in the 3rd round or the quarter final. It's been a few years since ayr have had a good scottish cup run (2011/2012 season to be precise) so hopefully this season is the start of another one !

Archived