Musselburgh Athletic new manager

Burgh Boy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I missing something? i don't know Steve but didn't he fail on several occasions to get haddington promoted? Look at haddington now, harvey is going to pish the league with them in his first season in charge.

Am I missing something? i don't know Steve but didn't he fail on several occasions to get haddington promoted? Look at haddington now, harvey is going to pish the league with them in his first season in charge.

yes he had the best team in the league with Haddington and couldn't even finish 4th one year to get

Promotion. Strange choice but he may be better with a better club you never know

He always got Haddington playing good football so I think he will do well and maybe he's better suited to a higher level. Not for this forum I know, but Harvey has a budget of three times more than anyone else in the south division, so he damn well should pish the league tbh.

He always got Haddington playing good football so I think he will do well and maybe he's better suited to a higher level. Not for this forum I know, but Harvey has a budget of three times more than anyone else in the south division, so he damn well should pish the league tbh.

Steve also had plenty dough to spend!

Harvey has virtually had to start from scratch and is going to it in his first season, Steve couldn't do it over several.

Also musselburgh are as high as they will ever be and once Mcglyn takes a few of his puppets to bonnyrigg, there's only one way that club is going regardless of manager

Harvey has virtually had to start from scratch and is going to it in his first season, Steve couldn't do it over several.

Also musselburgh are as high as they will ever be and once Mcglyn takes a few of his puppets to bonnyrigg, there's only one way that club is going regardless of manager

From scratch.....

McQueen, lynch, noble, motion, Gallagher, slight, ponton, Sinclair.

Oh aye, nothing there from last season at all.

Also, u talk like Harvey has won everything already. Stevie picked up a shambles of a club after the Griffiths disaster and turned them completely around. Give the man some credit.

From scratch.....

Also, u talk like Harvey has won everything already. Stevie picked up a shambles of a club after the Griffiths disaster and turned them completely around. Give the man some credit.

Not won everything, but certainly the league.

'Completely around', yeah ok, from a club that never won anything, to a club that won?

He made them competitive, that was all but last time I checked, you don't get any medals for that.

Your user name doesn't lie eh? You get a bad pie at Olivebank once or something? Maybe try winding your neck in a wee bit pal.

Not got a problem with your view but you have fallen into the Nitten trap of going on about money to spend with no facts to back it up.

In order for the point to be taken seriously list all the South clubs and what each of them had to spend and then we can all make a judgement.

In terms of the past the South Division, North and Central were the toughest to get out of with only 1 promotion pace to go for a few years ago. In 1 case a team scored well over 100 goals and still didn't go up - I can also remember 1 team losing 1 game and drawing a few and lost out.

recently with the added promotion place you cant argue that there have been and still are clubs in the South who shouldnt be there. Sauchie and Fauldhouse who have proved my point above as they have flown through the premier and will no doubt be established top league teams.

Another fact is the number of players that have come from Haddington and made it higher in the leagues. That shows me his team must be doing something right. The games I seen I thought the football his team produced was excellent on the eye. Passing attacking and effective. I am sure that for a club that has been spoilt for the last 20 years with attacking football this will be a welcomed appointment.

The point that the current Haddington manager is doing well is a valid one but I would be worried about the long term future of a manager who has already been to 3 or 4 clubs in a few years. A manager who left a club to go down a division as well. Thats not to say he won't do well

Not got a problem with your view but you have fallen into the Nitten trap of going on about money to spend with no facts to back it up.

In order for the point to be taken seriously list all the South clubs and what each of them had to spend and then we can all make a judgement.

In terms of the past the South Division, North and Central were the toughest to get out of with only 1 promotion pace to go for a few years ago. In 1 case a team scored well over 100 goals and still didn't go up - I can also remember 1 team losing 1 game and drawing a few and lost out.

recently with the added promotion place you cant argue that there have been and still are clubs in the South who shouldnt be there. Sauchie and Fauldhouse who have proved my point above as they have flown through the premier and will no doubt be established top league teams.

Another fact is the number of players that have come from Haddington and made it higher in the leagues. That shows me his team must be doing something right. The games I seen I thought the football his team produced was excellent on the eye. Passing attacking and effective. I am sure that for a club that has been spoilt for the last 20 years with attacking football this will be a welcomed appointment.

The point that the current Haddington manager is doing well is a valid one but I would be worried about the long term future of a manager who has already been to 3 or 4 clubs in a few years. A manager who left a club to go down a division as well. Thats not to say he won't do well

I'm sure if harvey hadn't been shafted by Tranent he would still be there. I think leaving edinburgh showed how ambutious he is, everyone knows edinburgh is a dead end job.

My point about Steve is only that I think the plaudits were a bit ott. Good luck to him and musselburgh.

I'm sure if harvey hadn't been shafted by Tranent he would still be there. I think leaving edinburgh showed how ambutious he is, everyone knows edinburgh is a dead end job.

My point about Steve is only that I think the plaudits were a bit ott. Good luck to him and musselburgh.

By ambitious you mean selfish aye?

From scratch.....

1 signed player when he took over actually, so id say was from scratch. He still had to persuade all they players to sign on again.

I can assure you Harvey's budget is less than what Steves was! And I predict he will get them promoted, nae good playing good football on no winning, but if that's what you's are happy wi at mussy then aww the best!

Archived