Airdrie v Forfar

Tough one for Airdrie with Forfar flying high, but hoping last weeks' confidence booster at Somerset will give them the spark we need to start climbing the table. Am going for a 2-0, with a goal apiece from Prunty and Lister.

For Airdrie fans not on the Stomp or Facebook...

Reminder that the Trust AGM is at 12.45 in the PRESIDENTS Bar this Saturday...new members can join on the day. Or you can just roll in and listen for free. No-one will chuck you out. Should only take an hour max. Bar will be open from 12.30 (Bar is still open to everyone whether in the Trust or not). All members are urged to attend if possible and make your voice heard.

While this is going on, Aces football training will be going on - kids should report to the 7 a side pitch behind the goal at 12.35ish.

There will be face painting, drawing, dvd's and loads of other stuff in the party room (access through Presidents Bar) from 12.45.

Will have the old Airdrie DVD's on in the background up till kick off

Small selection of Merchandise on Sale. Hoping Jackets and Sparta polos will be in beforehand, and also more cufflinks. This will be the last chance for out of towners to buy cufflinks and Airdrie ties before the Sammy Conn dinner as we wont be selling anything at the brechin game.....just sayin'.....

Will have 1977 badges for sale, and also tickets for the Reaction/Regiment/AWOL fund raising gig.

We've only ever won once there. Am totally confident we will score but I'm equally confident we will concede too. Bit of a dilemma in defence with Dunlop likely to be fit. Personally I'd put him straight back in as his pace provides excellent cover when Malks and Dods are pushing up at corners etc but Paterson has done well too.

First game for a while, looking forward to seeing how Prunty and Lister work as a forward line. Still have massive reservations about the quality of the midfield and the ability of the defense. Though the defensive loan signings look OK, what happens in January? Back to square one? Also not convinced by the 'keeper.

Forfar seem to have got off to a flyer and have slipped under the radar of most opposition fans. Seem to have a strong squad.

Hoping we can nick a 1-0 here.

First half was the poorest display of the season by far. Really easy to see what Derek Young contributes by the lack of midfield bite when he's absent. We were flat and the passing was poor and both centre halves struggled time and again to clear their lines. Deservedly 1-0 down at half time and very lucky that it was only 1-0. Airdrie should have been out of site although Swankie's long range shot hit the bar and looked like it might have bounced over the line but it was too far for me to see accurately. Second half was a different story with a bit more urgency about the play and more accurate passing meant I was always confident of an equaliser. Hilson with a header and he didn't even need to jump for it tells you just how piss poor the Airdrie defending was. Their heads went down and we pushed on and nearly scored when Foxy forced a great save with a shot when he was nearer the halfway line than the goal line. Swanks with a great header to win it at the death.

I've said it before and I'll say it again John McKendrick is the worst referee in the country and don't get me started on that stand side linesman!

Have to agree about the officiating. Neither assistant seemed capable of making a decision and were rarely up with play. My mate came with me to the game, and, as a neutral, thought Forfar had two good penalty shouts and that the Airdrie goal shouldn't have counted because of the dangerous attempt at an overhead kick. McKendrick let dangerous challenges by both teams go unpunished, only to give fouls for little nudges and at least one of the Airdrie bookings was a joke.

Forfar were really poor today, with hit and hope long balls the order of the day. When we took our time and played the ball on the ground, or out to the wings, we looked a bit better, but that was definitely a couple of points stolen today. It may be a cliché, but team who win while playing badly are teams that win things. Let's hope today was an off-day and we can continue to hold our position at the top of the table for a bit longer.

Archived