Brechin City v Clueless Jim's Travelling Omnishambles

Mark Russell must start at left-back over a clown like Lamie, but as he's not very good at defending either this match suggests trouble for us and a good few goals. If we manage to create half as many chances as Saturday and hit the target like competent professionals are paid to do, then we might eke out a 4-3 win or something.

Mark Russell must start at left-back over a clown like Lamie, but as he's not very good at defending either this match suggests trouble for us and a good few goals. If we manage to create half as many chances as Saturday and hit the target like competent professionals are paid to do, then we might eke out a 4-3 win or something.

Has Lamie not impressed at Morton so far then? That is still the strangest signing of the season to me. With Airdrie I always rated Lamie a little from what I saw of him. He never really made the first team but seemed reliable enough (except a few dodgy kicks and headers) when called upon to cover incase of injury and was never really given a shot in defence in a season of defensive disasters. Then he went out on loan to queens park for a season and some fans wanted to see him called back to us. I think jumping two division from part time queens park to full time Morton in league one challenging for the title is a huge step for a player who never really stood out in the first place.

Lamie got man of the match v Dunfermline two weeks ago but looking at the goals we conceded last week, he had a hand in both of them. Basically you don't give any striker the freedom of the penalty box. Even one like Martin Grehan will score. Oh! and stopping crosses coming in would be good also.

Yup. Kudos to Clueless Jim for giving us a glimpse of Arrigo Sacchi at work in the second half: screaming a player's name, then motioning him a yard inside. Decisive input!

Dropping Gaston while picking Lamie was absolutely criminal. Get out of this once-proud football club.

Yup. Kudos to Clueless Jim for giving us a glimpse of Arrigo Sacchi at work in the second half: screaming a player's name, then motioning him a yard inside. Decisive input!

Dropping Gaston while picking Lamie was absolutely criminal. Get out of this once-proud football club.

Haha. We used to have a song , " Let's all do the Duffy " complete with synchronised swooshing arm movements. Some things never change !

Duffy must stay for the entertainment value . Morton seems a logical place for him to ply his trade !! :lol:

Archived