7 Mark Osborne (Edin.City)

6 Lewis Sloan (Dalbeattie)

Aiden Malone (BSC)

Chris Geddes (Stir. Uni.)

5 Phil Addison (Selkirk)

Iain Anderson (Gretna)

Sean Martin (Preston)

Keith McLeod (Spartans)

I don't know when they last updated this but I know that Chris Geddes now has 9 goals

Can anyone confirm or correct the totals, also there may be others now with 5 or more not on this list.

BBC tabulation produces slightly different totals (league-only of course):

C Geddes (Stirling)

J Morris (Vale)

G O'Connor (Selkirk)

A Somerville (Whitehill)

R Allum (Edinburgh City)

W McIntosh (Whitehill)

M Osborne (Edinburgh City)

A Malone (BSCG)

L Sloan (Dalbeattie)

J Vitoria (East Kilbride)

P Addison (Selkirk)

I Anderson (Gretna)

S Manson (Whitehill)

K McLeod (Spartans)

For some reason they omit 3 games... 2 on September 6th (Preston v Edinburgh City and Vale v Gretna) and also 1 on August 27th (Stirling v Vale)... so I have added in to the totals the goals scored in those games according to the websites of the various clubs except Preston whose website is fairly useless.

As a result there is a missing scorer for Preston, but this wouldn't bring anyone up to more than 4 in total. Also 2 goals for BSCG have no name attached which could boost Malone or bring T Wallace in on 5 or 6. Also 1 goal for Gretna is simply "Addison" (no forename initial).

Some interesting observations.

There have been 7 own goals thusfar and 2 goals have been scored by Trialists (both for EK). Just 1 man - Struthers - has scored for Threave Rovers which is frankly outrageous. Next fewest, quite surprisingly given their high league position, is Whitehill with only 5 men. Top end is Dalbeattie who have seen no fewer than 12 different players score for them, closely followed by Selkirk and Spartans both with 11 different goalscorers.

Surprised that The Sun are failing to keep a tally on this, they will be claiming all the credit at end of season when they dish the prize out, just hope it is the actually top scorer that gets the award and they don't mess up big time.

Think we should have someone keeping an eye on it, job for HJ?

The Stirling Uni website is a result behind, Geddes did score v Gala bringing his league total to 9.

If the BBC are getting their goalscorers at the same time as they get the goal, HT and FT updates, then I imagine those will be considered official. (It's just slightly concerning that they have 3 games missing and a couple of unattributed BSCG goals!!). Same will apply if the information is coming from the Press Association later. Each goal has the Minute noted, though it's not to say that indicates they were provided in real time. There are no Red / Yellow cards so it obviously isn't the full package of information as they will provide for e.g. SPFL.

It may just be that someone at The Sun has forgotten to update their grid recently.

Whole business is a potential "minefield of error", though... e.g. BBC give Vale of Leithen's scorers as:

J Morris - 9

J Stevens - 3 (of which 1 is my own addition from the missing game)

C Anderson, J Ferguson, K O'Brien, I Little (my own addition) - all 1

but Vale's own website gives them as:

J Morris - 8

C Anderson, I Little, J Stevens - all 2

J Ferguson, K O'Brien - both 1

Sean Martin scored the Preston goal vs. Edinburgh City on 6th September. Using the Lowland League, Sun and club twitter feeds a lot of the scorers can be obtained from there. There are also occasional discrepancies between what appears in the Sun goals section on a Sunday / Monday and what the clubs themselves publish.

At the moment the top scorers I've recorded are:

9 - Chris Geddes and Garry O'Connor

8 - Ross Allum, Wayne McIntosh, Josh Morris and Aaron Somerville. Also have 8 own goals recorded.

7 - Mark Osborne

6 - Aiden Malone, Lewis Sloan and Joao Vitoria.

BSC Glasgow scorers I have (20 goals in total) are:

6 - Aiden Malone

4 - Tony Wallace

3 - Ally Morgan

2 - Gerry O'Donnell

1 - Ryan Holmes, Craig Johnston, Chris MacDougall, Michael McGowan and an own goal (Marc Templeton of East Kilbride).

• 5 months later...

What's the latest on this ? I'm sure oor Aaron canny be far away. The lads having an outstanding season :)

^_^

Is O'Connor at Selkirk still quoted? Fall from grace or what? Fair play to the guy though for playing at that level, must raise the level around him, Addison is a good player also, was he at Hibs as a youngster?

• 2 weeks later...

At 11/04/15 the Selkirk goal scorers in the SLFL are Garry O’Connor 17, Phil Addison 7, Ouzy See 6, Daryl Johnston 4, Jordan Finnie, Benji Huteau and Jon McInally all 2, Davie Battle, Yanis Lamghari, Conor Scott, Paul Tansey, Scott Taylor, Julio Tonelle and ‘Own Goal’ all 1. - 47 in total.

• 2 weeks later...

At 23/04/15 the Selkirk goal scorers in the SLFL are Garry O’Connor 18, Phil Addison 9, Ouzy See 6, Daryl Johnston 4, Jordan Finnie, Benji Huteau and Jon McInally all 2, Davie Battle, Yanis Lamghari, Conor Scott, Paul Tansey, Scott Taylor, Julio Tonelle, 'Trialist' and ‘Own Goal’ all 1. - 51 in total with one game left V BSC Glasgow away.

Archived