Aberdeen vs St Mirren - 30/09/14

Games at Pittodrie are now actually seeing some goals scored. Last 3 we have scored 10 including 4 in the cup against Livi

Would like to see that continue with a comfortable 2 or 3 goal win

Need to stay with Rooney and Goodwillie up top. Replace Robson with Low for this one

My team is

Langfield

Logan Taylor Reynolds Considine

Pawlett Flood Low Hayes

Rooney Goodwillie

I will go for 3-1 the dons :)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would like to think this game would be a pretty comfortable home win ! id drop robson he was crap yesterday i think he might be finished probably replace him with low and maybe drop langfield as well 3-0 the dons

Surprised to see the Dundee game thread up already and has more replies than this.

Robson could still play but only for a half. His delivery is useful but he is pretty much past it apart from that.

I'd be happy with the team from Saturday. It should be a home win certainty but we don't often get 4 in a row so who knows?

We've not drawn yet so maybe this could be the first.

I am expecting a routine win for Aberdeen here.

Our best hope is sitting in like we did against Celtic where we looked a bit more organised. I'll be more confident if Osbourne and Plummer are available but going forward we don't look good at all.

I actually think we've looked a little more solid (I repeat, a little) with Cheesy and Goody at the back. But yeah, definitely hope Ozzy is back for this one. Think you're right that our only hope of getting something here is if we sit in.

Low for Robson would be only change I would make from Saturday. Should be a comfortable home win.

Might be an idea to start Robson, let him deal with their McGinn lad and put a marker down. Not calling him dirty but on another day (at Parkhead for example) he would have been booked at the weekend, but was pretty impressed with how he contained / bammed up Scott Brown. Let Robson growl at him in the first half, maybe share a booking or two then let Low run riot in the second.

That being said, should be a routine win. I hope the dream team up top continues and Goodie and Rooney bag a brace each.

Following the needless movement of this game from a Saturday afternoon in the summer to a Tuesday night in Aututmn... It was nice of Aberdeen to compensate away fans by paying for our supporters buses, offering a free hot drink, offering half price entry decreasing gate prices from £24 to £20.

Top hospitality there.

Might be an idea to start Robson, let him deal with their McGinn lad and put a marker down. Not calling him dirty but on another day (at Parkhead for example) he would have been booked at the weekend, but was pretty impressed with how he contained / bammed up Scott Brown. Let Robson growl at him in the first half, maybe share a booking or two then let Low run riot in the second.

That being said, should be a routine win. I hope the dream team up top continues and Goodie and Rooney bag a brace each.

Only issue I have with Low is that thug Goodwin. If he is tackled hard he will react

So Robson can deal with McGinn but our thug isn't allowed to go near your youngster. Thats fair :P .

McGinn done a great job on Brown, Broonie can dish it out but can't take it back. He's in the same category as Boyd,McCulloch and probably Robson too.

Goodwin is a arse, he dishes it out but he certainly takes a few hits too and doesn't make a meal of it. ( Unless its a dead arm from Kris boyd ^_^ )

Following the needless movement of this game from a Saturday afternoon in the summer to a Tuesday night in Aututmn... It was nice of Aberdeen to compensate away fans by paying for our supporters buses, offering a free hot drink, offering half price entry decreasing gate prices from £24 to £20.

Top hospitality there.

:lol:

Aye, we should bend over backwards to compensate St.Mirren fans who always come to Pittodrie in their dozens.

Only game I get to walk to all season so I'll definitely be there. :)

Never been a happy hunting ground for us even if we normally escape without a thrashing. Best we can probably hope for is a few mouth breathers bursting blood vessels at Jim.

3-0 The Sheep, Vernon hat trick.

You could make it free and only a handful would turn up.

Probably just as well, I don't like racists too much tbh.

I think everyone is in agreement that racism has no place in the game.

Aberdeen on the other hand reward a rapist with a lucrative contract.

Archived