Kilmarnock vs Dundee United - 03/10/14

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see Ciftci back as our lone striker with Armstrong, Erskine and GMS behind him. Both Dow and Bilate have not been at their best in the last couple of games and with Erskine's current form that is our best midfield attacking three IMO. It is also a three that can swap positions as the game goes on so gives us plenty of flexibility. The rest of the team picks itself.

At the start of the season I would have been very confident going into this but Kilmarnock have strung a few impressive results together recently.

I would like to see Ciftci back as our lone striker with Armstrong, Erskine and GMS behind him.

As above!

We're currently playing whilst playing poor or alright. Hopefully we can click into gear with the above foursome.

We're better pressing high up the pitch and counter attacking, so anything similar to Aberdeen/Dundee away and I think we'll win.

Not sure that will work as well against Kilmarnock. We have Clingan/Eremenko in central positions who are comfortable on the ball and unlikely to get hassled, and if we are caught then we have pace at the back and in the wide areas to get back in position.

As Cooooombe says, we'll trouble plenty of teams with our pace and power this year, coupled with Eremenko's vision (should he decide to stay on the park that is ;)) we have a realistic chance of pushing for Europe. What a difference a Gary Locke can make.

Would still bring Chantler back in if he's fit as his pace might be needed, although I'd be tempted to swap Westlake to right back. Johnston was pretty quiet again on Saturday, even though games when we're on top would seemingly be the type of match when he'd shine, so I'd bring McKenzie in for him should he be fit. As an aside, does anyone how long he's out for?

Pascali's erratic side has been tempered by the excellent Connolly alongside him (jumping over the ball against St Mirren aside) in recent weeks, and the two are starting to form a great partnership.

Team -

Samson

Westlake Connolly Pascali Chantler

Hamill Clingan

McKenzie Obadeyi

Eremenko

Magennis

2-2 full-time. Magennis and Eremenko; Ciftci (2).

Did you not have Eremenko and Clingan last year? Didn't look that comfortable last year when being pressed.

Doubt it'll be a draw. Either team by a few.

Eremenko wasn't fit last year. That aside, we're a far more comfortable team than last years shivering wreck of a side. Comparing us to last season is a pretty pointless exercise.

Archived