Best players in the LL

inthepink

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps he wasn't given the opportunity at Morton to show week in week out what he is capable of. The Lowland league can be the ideal place to put himself in the shop window and to get everyone to talk about him. It has obviously worked and perhaps some scouts from bigger clubs who read this forum may take an interest.

Wallace was given plenty of opportunities - he's just a crap footballer, hopelessly out of his depth at a decent senior level.

Wallace was given plenty of opportunities - he's just a crap footballer, hopelessly out of his depth at a decent senior level.

Bit harsh to come on here and say someone is a crap footballer because he wasn't good enough for championship, he has been good at lowland league level and if u think this level is crap u only have to look at the morton spartans game this season to think otherwise where spartans were unlucky not to get something

I sense you have some personal issue with Tony? He is far from a "crap" footballer, and could play at a higher level. I am sure that this opportunity he has been given at Glasgow will only benefit him.

Bit harsh to come on here and say someone is a crap footballer because he wasn't good enough for championship, he has been good at lowland league level and if u think this level is crap u only have to look at the morton spartans game this season to think otherwise where spartans were unlucky not to get something

He's a crap footballer, playing at a crap level. As shown by your league's multiple pumpings by both Highland and Junior opposition in this very season. Spartans are probably the best team at this level, but it should hardly be controversial to point out that the standard is in fact very, very poor. If you have a problem with that then take note of how the remnants of your league fare in the cup this weekend, never mind the tanking Brora will dish out to the champions at the end of the season.

It shouldn't even be a big deal to note that the gulf between League One and the Lowland League is absolutely yawning.

I sense you have some personal issue with Tony? He is far from a "crap" footballer, and could play at a higher level. I am sure that this opportunity he has been given at Glasgow will only benefit him.

Well no: he's a dreadful footballer, whose sole 'issue' among Morton fans is that he ever darkened the door of our once-proud football club.

At best he will wash up again at a League Two club: though it seems unlikely that he showed his worth in Broomhill's drubbing on Saturday.

He's a crap footballer, playing at a crap level. As shown by your league's multiple pumpings by both Highland and Junior opposition in this very season. Spartans are probably the best team at this level, but it should hardly be controversial to point out that the standard is in fact very, very poor. If you have a problem with that then take note of how the remnants of your league fare in the cup this weekend, never mind the tanking Brora will dish out to the champions at the end of the season. It shouldn't even be a big deal to note that the gulf between League One and the Lowland League is absolutely yawning. Well no: he's a dreadful footballer, whose sole 'issue' among Morton fans is that he ever darkened the door of our once-proud football club. At best he will wash up again at a League Two club: though it seems unlikely that he showed his worth in Broomhill's drubbing on Saturday.

I dont tend to give out many reds hence hitting the wrong button on my phone.

Multiple pumpings :D

only selkirk from THIS league suffered a defeat from either a hfl or junior league side this season

Its great having an opinion on a league when ye know feck all aboot it.

Id imagine brora give most league teams a run for their money with their resources.

Once proud Morton :D

He's a crap footballer, playing at a crap level. As shown by your league's multiple pumpings by both Highland and Junior opposition in this very season. Spartans are probably the best team at this level, but it should hardly be controversial to point out that the standard is in fact very, very poor. If you have a problem with that then take note of how the remnants of your league fare in the cup this weekend, never mind the tanking Brora will dish out to the champions at the end of the season.

It shouldn't even be a big deal to note that the gulf between League One and the Lowland League is absolutely yawning.

Well no: he's a dreadful footballer, whose sole 'issue' among Morton fans is that he ever darkened the door of our once-proud football club.

At best he will wash up again at a League Two club: though it seems unlikely that he showed his worth in Broomhill's drubbing on Saturday.

Was he not in your team when you beat Celtic last season??

I find the fact that you have sat down and taken the time to write the length of post that you did quite funny, considering we are in a "crap" league. Why would you care?

I find the fact that you have sat down and taken the time to write the length of post that you did quite funny, considering we are in a "crap" league. Why would you care?

Obviously he's a busy lad. We always like more knockers & Viki sounds like one of the massive ones.

Grimbo

I dont tend to give out many reds hence hitting the wrong button on my phone.

Multiple pumpings :D

only selkirk from THIS league suffered a defeat from either a hfl or junior league side this season

Its great having an opinion on a league when ye know feck all aboot it.

Id imagine brora give most league teams a run for their money with their resources.

Once proud Morton :D

I'd fully expect Brora to comfortably beat the League Two opponent in the final, yes. But that would be nothing compared to the tanking they'd dish out to the LL winners - that's hardly a contestable point at all.

There were plenty of crap players in the side that beat Celtic: they were relegated by an absolutely huge margin after all. Of those players, Wallace was in the large bracket of players not up to the required standard, was farmed out on loan to a League Two side halfway through last season, and is now playing in the Lowland Leagues, having failed to land a senior club over the summer.

If you wish to continue deluding yourself that this is the career path of anything other than a crap player, then I will continue to point and laugh at your delusional ramblings.

I'd fully expect Brora to comfortably beat the League Two opponent in the final, yes. But that would be nothing compared to the tanking they'd dish out to the LL winners - that's hardly a contestable point at all.

There were plenty of crap players in the side that beat Celtic: they were relegated by an absolutely huge margin after all. Of those players, Wallace was in the large bracket of players not up to the required standard, was farmed out on loan to a League Two side halfway through last season, and is now playing in the Lowland Leagues, having failed to land a senior club over the summer.

If you wish to continue deluding yourself that this is the career path of anything other than a crap player, then I will continue to point and laugh at your delusional ramblings.

aye any player in the world other than messi and ronaldo are crap! Totally agree wi u mate, everyone else should just give the game up cos there crap! Erse!!!!

Tony did okay for us in League 1, unspectacular but worked hard enough. He had 2 excellent games in the play-offs which cause Allan Moore to buy him (yip, they paid about £10K for him), stating that he'd "been watching him for a while" which could instantly be regarded as shite because he hadn't played very much for us and was never a stand-out, those two games apart. Didn't Morton play him up front too? Baffling.

I'm a bit surprised he dropped to the Lowland league as I thought a League1/2 team would take a punt on him but I'd say his very top level (just now) is League 1 and that's just as a squad player.

Delusional ramblings you say? How ironic ????

I wouldn't say lowland league is a crap level at all only selkirk have been pumped thus far this season against arguably the best junior side morton beat spartans 1-0 at home, spartans are currently 5 points behind with having played a game more so I think u will find Edinburgh city are the best team in the lowland league just now

What about Joao "Nani" Vitoria? He scored (past me :unsure: ) when we played against him when he was at Giffnock North a couple of years back and was tricky and quick. Saw him score a lovely goal from a couple of weeks ago and looked dangerous in the highlights as well.

Take it you're quality at football then aye???? Doesny matter what level of football you play, if you enjoy the game and love kicking a ball about every weekend it doesn't matter a f**k!! You're a tw*t

aye any player in the world other than messi and ronaldo are crap! Totally agree wi u mate, everyone else should just give the game up cos there crap! Erse!!!

Many playersearn a reasonable living in football, even in Scotland - there's no reason why they should give this up. Wallace on the other hand has slid far beneath a level where any major income will be coming his way from football, and will never do so. So he really should be focusing on his proper career and give football less priority - though he's free to continue stinking out whatever level he washes up in next.

Take it you're quality at football then aye???? Doesny matter what level of football you play, if you enjoy the game and love kicking a ball about every weekend it doesn't matter a f**k!! You're a tw*t

Good to see you're taking it with your usual timeless dignity Tony.

Many playersearn a reasonable living in football, even in Scotland - there's no reason why they should give this up. Wallace on the other hand has slid far beneath a level where any major income will be coming his way from football, and will never do so. So he really should be focusing on his proper career and give football less priority - though he's free to continue stinking out whatever level he washes up in next.

Good to see you're taking it with your usual timeless dignity Tony.

Hahaha u canny be serious! So if ur not playing football as ur full time job u shouldny play at all?? How many morton players make a decent living out of football? Haha I think ur at the wynd up pal

Archived