Big Mouth Players

RobRoyGuy

The guys who just can't keep it shut. Either shouting abuse at referees, opposition players, fellow players, fans whoever. Everyone must have at least one from over the years.

Off top of my head mad tam Sinclair who played for us three or four years ago. Used to go on non stop to anyone who would listen. Loose canon but great player to have in your team. Classic line from Sinclair to a young player, if you don't pass me the ball next time Ya wee c**t i will see you after the game.

Referees got a fair bit of abuse off him also, just couldn't shut him up a lot of the time but character worth the admissio money alone a lot of the time. Never got involved with fans though will give him that.

Need to try think of a few more from years ago. Sure folk can suggest there own for now.

Reason i was thinking about this is a right few teams nowadays seem very quiet, not as many shouters as i remember from years back, maybe th players are more pals now and don't want to upset anyone or maybe it's down to junior teams 10.15.20 years ago plus had more senior experienced guys in the team who were not scared to say how they really felt.

Could be talking rubbish just my observations.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yer man the flying fridge likes to be loud during the game to opposition players and there's been a few times it's came back to bite him on the back side

Helps if your keeper is vocal doesn't it. Jon is certainly that as is Kevin Bell.

Kenny McLean got some amount of bookings and even red cards for talking back to the ref over the years. Also gave it out to teammates constantly and fans when he didn't agree with them.

Div McGowan in our current team is another who gets booked nearly every week for mouthing and Paul Frize is not far behind!

Ryan Jordan and Tam Hanlon are two who fans love to dish it out to as you know they'll get involved!

Gemmill was a fairly hateful individual when with HoB the first time. Liked to mouth off and mix it, less keen to take it back. Seemed to improve when he joined Bonnyrigg. Made a complete fool of himself at Olivebank once. Was pretty bizarre to watch actually.

Archived