Dunfermline v Peterhead

A must win game for The Pars in my opinion against a team who, in my opinion will be in or around the play-off places come the end of the season.

First ever league game between the sides with the only other competitive fixture between the two being a 2-0 Pars win at Balmoor in the 2008/09 season.

Looking for a reaction from the management and team to the awful Morton performance. Hopefully we will keep our goals conceded at home in the league in home matches to 0 but I think Rory McAllister will have a field day against our defence.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our home form is what will hopefully win us the league this season. Meaningless changes in the starting XI has cost us on the road, just stick to what's been working, we were absolutely shocking against Morton (need I remind you, a team managed by Jim Duffy).

Expect us to win, but might f**k it up as we usually do. Geggan hopefully dropped and Stirling brought in. Drummond looks absolute powderpuff in defence, Millen switched to left-back and Thomson brought back in to midfield.

Scully

Williamson (nothing official on him, must assume is OK to play)

Martin

Buchanan ©

Millen

Falkingham

Spence

Thomson

Stirling

Moffat

Ugwu

Our home form is what will hopefully win us the league this season. Meaningless changes in the starting XI has cost us on the road, just stick to what's been working, we were absolutely shocking against Morton (need I remind you, a team managed by Jim Duffy).

Expect us to win, but might f**k it up as we usually do. Geggan hopefully dropped and Stirling brought in. Drummond looks absolute powderpuff in defence, Millen switched to left-back and Thomson brought back in to midfield.

Scully

Williamson (nothing official on him, must assume is OK to play)

Martin

Buchanan ©

Millen

Falkingham

Spence

Thomson

Stirling

Moffat

Ugwu

That 11 makes sense to me.

Rory has been quiet so far this season as far as scoring goals go but not so quiet when moaning at referees. Should be a home win but if Rory does find the form he was in last season we have a chance of an upset

He was a lot quieter v Stenny, maybe Jim had a word. Seems to be a bit short on confidence, as well as match fitness, although working long hours away from home probably contributes to the latter. Defence seemed tighter as well, which I hope carries on on Saturday. Injuries could bite us this weekend, as all 3 subs were on before half time on Saturday, & there were some tired legs by the end. Would gladly take a draw.

Will that be the reality of something that hasn't happened yet?

No, it's the reality that most players struggling for form, needing goals etc. invariably end up scoring against Dunfermline.

With Faissal, Wallace and Smith out, and assuming Williamson and Geggan are passed fit, I'd go:

Scully

Williamson

Buchanan

Martin

Whittle

Geggan

Falkingham

Thomson

Stirling

Moffat

Ugwu

Subs:

Goodfellow

Millen

Drummond

Urquhart

Byrne

Forbes

Spence

Any injury update from Peterhead ahead of this game? What line up should we expect from the Blue Toon? Except from McAllister, who are the players we should be looking out for?

I'm hoping for a big reaction after last weekend - 3-0 Pars.

Would say Stirling should definitely start as he's shown enough in substitute appearances to merit it. And we badly need some invention to our play. Hopefully Williamson will be fit and having Whittle back would be a boost. I'd start Thommo in midfield - I felt he was really unlucky to be benched at Morton.

Tricky game but we need to see a reaction from Saturday's defeat.

Show me your working.

In no particular order

Brattbakk, Van Vossen, Zurawski, Kanchelskis, Bo Anderson, Crawford, Thern, Dublin

All players who struggled at their respective clubs (Crawford at both Dundee United and Aberdeen), all players who scored against us with ease.

That's the last from me on that btw, need to look forward and not back.

Archived