Dundee United vs St Johnstone - 27/09/14

First things first...

saints_3143275.jpg

Yes, very good. Congratulations, again. Well deserved. Seriously, congratulations.

---

League leaders Dundee United welcome a middling St Johnstone to Tannadice this weekened, their first meeting since the cup final. Fresh off the heels of a 4-1 league victory and a steady 1-0 League Cup victory over fierce rivals Dundee, United go in with a momentum that the Perthers have lost with back-to-back one goal losses.

I can't see past a comfortable 3-1 win for United. GMS and a Ciftci double. After being beasted by 'The Annihilator' Fojut at every corner, a bedraggled wee Frazer Wright sent off in the closing minutes for having a meltdown after Ciftci celebrates his second at close quarters.

Sunny spells, 15'C.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fancy us to score our first goal against the Super J's since 1996. I'm going to opt for a 2-0 victory for the Mighty Arabs with Ciftci and Armstrong finding the back of the net. I'd thank Bilate and Erskine for their recent efforts but I feel that GMS, Dow, Armstrong and Ciftci should start with the usual suspects behind them.

Weather to be 16℃ with spells of drizzle.

Crowd = 7,677

Ah dear, the roller coaster ride of football.

As utd haven't scored against us in 47 years, I had this clip all ready to recommend your supporters all bring one of these along..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HhA2OQaLt8

And yet here we are, barely a shot at goal in weeks and only scored 5 goals all season while the cup losers are flying high. We have run out of strikers as we gave our best one away and our other star is now out injured for 6 months. Our midfield look like they have never met each other before, and at times look like they can't really be bothered with it all, Chris millar apart. Everything is pointing towards a comfortable utd victory, but I just can't bring myself to accept it.

1-0 saints

The Adam Morgan dream begins

Assist from substitute James McFadden

Its frustrating as hell Graham can't play in this despite the fact he might never play for you lot again. Currently at 3 goals in 4 games, and he only played 15 minutes of one of those games

Its frustrating as hell Graham can't play in this despite the fact he might never play for you lot again. Currently at 3 goals in 4 games, and he only played 15 minutes of one of those games

Shrewd move from us to put him out on loan rather than release him. Though maybe not such a shrewd move considering he's not a donkey after all and is actually a fucking goal machine.

Shrewd move from us to put him out on loan rather than release him. Though maybe not such a shrewd move considering he's not a donkey after all and is actually a fucking goal machine.

Not sure how it was shrewd considering he's at us for the season, and is out of contract in the Summer. Unless Steve Brown decides he wants to go to Las Vegas again and refuses to let us sign anyone, then I imagine we'll be the favourites to sign him.

Not sure how it was shrewd considering he's at us for the season, and is out of contract in the Summer. Unless Steve Brown decides he wants to go to Las Vegas again and refuses to let us sign anyone, then I imagine we'll be the favourites to sign him.

I meant it was shrewd in that he can't play against us while on loan, but could if we released him from his contract.

I meant it was shrewd in that he can't play against us while on loan, but could if we released him from his contract.

Ahhh, yeah you're quite correct. He's pretty much our only hope of scoring just now. You'll be treated to Adam Morgan on Saturday though, so prepare to be amazed, he's pretty much just a Scouse David Robertson

To be fair, he'd already shown that he could score at a lower level, Brian's problem is that he's just not ****** *****.

Seemingly we played 4-4-2 tonight, so its possible we'll try that again for this one, most likely with O'Halloran and Morgan up top. Would be hilarious if United signed two big hulking defenders to fend off May, Maclean and our threats from set pieces, and then we play two pacey wee strikers who'll get in behind them and expose the lack of pace there :lol:

Ahhh, yeah you're quite correct. He's pretty much our only hope of scoring just now. You'll be treated to Adam Morgan on Saturday though, so prepare to be amazed, he's pretty much just a Scouse David Robertson

An Image of a duck waddling onto the pitch quacking" calm down calm down" came into my mind for a moment there.

Archived