Clyde vs Montrose

Not even going to try and guess a potential line up. Defensively we are pish and so far I am not convinced we are remotely strong enough up front to suggest we can get away with it any time soon. The sending off did change the game on Saturday, we matched Arbroath until then, but they still we able to waltz through us at will with little or no resistance.

Our season really kicked on around this time last year and we really need to start getting points on the board. Just to stop losing would be nice....

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem on Saturday was that both full backs were being easily fooled by feints and drops of the shoulder, and that players weren't following the (admittedly excellent) runs in behind that Arbroath's players were making.

The only changes will probably come at centre back, with Frances or Halkett coming in for McQueen. Gibson went off injured so it's hard to say whether he'll be involved or not.

If your needing to kick start the season then who better to come visiting than Montrose?

Thats been the thought the last few seasons I'm sure, but I'm hoping clubs will start to think that Montrose are the last team we need right now. Long way to go for that but we have every chance of getting something out of this game. If we keep 11 on the park.

Gibson has been excellent in the two recent games. Doesn't panic on the ball, can use both feet/go both ways when attacking and he contributed an outstanding assist on Saturday. We also noticeably lost a lot defensively when he went off on Saturday.

Gibson has been excellent in the two recent games. Doesn't panic on the ball, can use both feet/go both ways when attacking and he contributed an outstanding assist on Saturday. We also noticeably lost a lot defensively when he went off on Saturday.

He had good feet Gibson but no pace for a wide player.

Have to admit that I'm a fan of Gibson; after Pat's release he's my new hero. As David said he rarely squanders possession and puts good balls into the box, one of which set up Ferguson earlier. Mucks in defensively, too. In answer to the above, Scott Ferguson has bags of pace but he's been poor lately.

Have to admit that I'm a fan of Gibson; after Pat's release he's my new hero. As David said he rarely squanders possession and puts good balls into the box, one of which set up Ferguson earlier. Mucks in defensively, too. In answer to the above, Scott Ferguson has bags of pace but he's been poor lately.

Gibson does put in good crosses .

And yes ferguson had not been as good lately.

I just believe pace in the wide areas is what can make the difference

Have a wee look at the teams above you in the league, you'll find them there ;)

There's them Angus blood-brothers at it once again.....surely this super-club suggestion wouldn't upset that many people if it materialised.....they always seem to lick each others bums with great enthusiasm.

If we are defeated tonight...my patience is starting to fade. I'm a big supporter of giving managers time but with so many changes to what was a competitive side, trying to play a style of football which can only be done at a higher level in my opinion and constantly blaming the players for recent defeats...I really do hope we get the win tonight.

If we are defeated tonight...my patience is starting to fade. I'm a big supporter of giving managers time but with so many changes to what was a competitive side, trying to play a style of football which can only be done at a higher level in my opinion and constantly blaming the players for recent defeats...I really do hope we get the win tonight.

Excellent point. Sometimes you need to play at style of football that is effective for that league to move up.

For me a solid defence and midfield with real pace in the wings and through the middle is effective.

More direct football supported by combative midfielders and defenders that defend firy and foremost.

5 league goals at home this season....1 point....yet for some reason I am a lot more optimistic about tonight than I was yesterday.

Wish i shared your optimism mate, but fingers n toes crossed. We need a turnaround very soon or this season is a write off

Archived