Possible vote rigging?

Mr Bairn

Wouldn't high profile Yes campaigners make the accusation if they thought it was rigged on a grand scale? After all isn't there usually witnesses from both sides as well as neutrals in every counting station? I can accept there were many lax procedures which were ripe for abuse, but even then the result wasn't close enough to justify a rerun/recount. The result makes sense given the voting demographics and the polls running up to the referendum. As far as I'm concerned we'll get another referendum 10-30 years from now and we'll win it handsomely.

I've been told there were people in corby that sent in postal votes, i just put it down to someone talking pish at the time,although i did say, IF these people had an address in scotland as well they'd be eligible to vote.

Dunno what's true & what's conspiracy theory bullshit tbh.

If there is any evidence of vote rigging, it should definitely be investigated. Videos on Facebook and the likes might be nonsense, but it leaves distrust.

Human beings are doing the counting and they have beliefs and flaws, so it seems likely that some individuals could make 'mistakes' when counting votes. Whether those mistakes are on purpose or not would perhaps be unclear. What checks are in place at counting stations?

Re the process at polling stations, I do think it would be remarkably easy to pretend to be someone and vote. Surely people who go to polling stations should at least be asked for ID.

It would have made little difference to the outcome, but any allegations of vote rigging should definitely be investigated.

Re the process at polling stations, I do think it would be remarkably easy to pretend to be someone and vote. Surely people who go to polling stations should at least be asked for ID.

Should have to show your polling card at the very least IMO. From what I've heard in the 10 alleged cases of fraud in Glasgow the person turned up and said I've forgot my card, gave a name and address and voted. Later on the real person turned up and showed either the polling card or proper ID and the police were then called in.

People say that by a margin of 360000 its still too big but you only need to change 180001 yes's to no to get the win.

I don't believe there was a conspiracy and hope to hear nothing more of it, don't want to hear an American lunatic like that going on about it thats for sure!!

The latest one that appeared on my Facebook today shows a woman cramming papers into a large box. The box is clear plastic, so obviously isn't a Scottish ballot box, and the papers are A4, twice the size of the ballot papers. Yet I've had two or three different people repost it as proof of alleged ballot tampering in Thursday!

A conspiracy theory nut on my facebook posted this ^^^ on Friday.

When someone asked what it was, this is exactly what he said:

"I'm not sure either, just spreading in case it IS something, in which case it may get deleted"

For f**k sake :wacko:

If there was vote rigging, then SNP run councils like Angus wouldnt have come out as voting No.

If there was doubt in some Labour areas I wouldnt be surprised, as every Labour party member/volunteer I've ever met has to a man been a total w****r and just the sort of person that would volunteer to get involved in a count.

To be fair, the fact that it's being spread around social media means it needs to be addressed.

Conspiracy leads to distrust.

:lol:

What swivel-eyed mouth breathing loons believe on social media should be an object of derision and humour... not given any credence.

Archived