A question for the '45' blame merchants

H_B

The referendum has been lost. We move on. Scotland in 10 years time continues to prosper within the UK... the Scottish Parliament gains new powers and responsibilities. Unemployment stays low. We remain in the EU. Surveys show most people are content.

Support for independence in polls drops to 30%. There is no demand for another referendum.

Are you happy the nation is doing well?

Or raging that you're not going to get what you want?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The referendum has been lost. We move on. Scotland in 10 years time continues to dwindle within the UK... the Scottish Parliaments new powers and responsibilities are insufficient to effect proper governance. Unemployment begins to climb. We are out the EU. Surveys show most people are upset.

Support for independence in polls climbs to 70%. There is demand for another referendum.

Are you happy the Scottish nation is hamstrung?

The referendum has been lost. We move on. Scotland in 10 years time continues to prosper within the UK... the Scottish Parliament gains new powers and responsibilities. Unemployment stays low. We remain in the EU. Surveys show most people are content.

Support for independence in polls drops to 30%. There is no demand for another referendum.

I don't know, do we still have nuke weapons in our waters and are we still getting involved in expensive wars (both in lives and money lost)?

The referendum has been lost. We move on. Scotland in 10 years time continues to dwindle within the UK... the Scottish Parliaments new powers and responsibilities are insufficient to effect proper governance. Unemployment begins to climb. We are out the EU. Surveys show most people are upset.

Support for independence in polls climbs to 70%. There is demand for another referendum.

Outlining your dream scenario there arent you?

admit it.. be honest. You'd rather that was the case than my scenario wouldn't you?

You don't want Scots to be happy in the UK .

A question for you.

10 years time and we're being shat on left right and centre, our NHS is privatised, we are used as the guinea pig for any new power they want to try out first, poverty increases, disharmony increases, unemployment rises.

Will you still say we're BetterTogether?

A question for you.

10 years time and we're being shat on left right and centre, our NHS is privatised, we are used as the guinea pig for any new power they want to try out first, poverty increases, disharmony increases, unemployment rises.

Will you still say we're BetterTogether?

Why not answer the straightforward question put to you? Fair play to Yassin and IAYL for doing so.

The main thing I wanted from independence was the ability to govern our own affairs i.e spend our own income as we want to.

If the UK political system evolved, say to a more federal system, and we were able to do that then I'd be very happy not to have another referendum.

I don't see either of those things happening though. Our main worry now has to be TTIP and whether Cameron will whitelist the NHS which it doesn't look like he wants to do :(

What I don't get is why the Yes voters were content with the uncertainty and inevitable mayhem with negative stock prices and currency devaluation afte r"18 months" of negotiation? Now some of them are hoping the economy fails. i know they're ALL hopeless optimists. Why the masochism for some of them?

If everything is great, then I will be happy. If it's not, then I won't be.

There is nowhere that everything is great. Setting unrealistic bars isn't helpful.

What were talking about is the majority of people being happy.

If independence becomes less likely in 10 years time because most people are happy.. are 'the 45' going to be content or raging?

Its not about conceptual politics . Its about average people doing well.

I don't know, do we still have nuke weapons in our waters and are we still getting involved in expensive wars (both in lives and money lost)?

Exactly.

On the video below, lorries transporting destructive power almost beyond imagination.

And you know what?

They don't want them in England.

The Yanks moved out in March 1992 just a few miles away from Coulport/Faslane, but the Royal Navy still has them very close to Scotland's biggest city.

Royal Navy flag:

TownClassFlag.jpg

Its about average people doing well.

Still don't get it, do you. YES was all about the prospect of people being the very best they can be, at whatever level that is personally, and not settling for just getting along.

People who think we are a country because we have our own football team need to get plugged in. The big decisions are being made in London - a few more glass beads and endless patronising platitudes is a very poor consolation compared to what was on offer.

In that scenario, I'm happy the nation (Scotland) is doing well.

However, I would still be pushing for at least full federal powers. So Devo Max - powers over everything except defence and foreign affairs. To be honest, I'd probably be happy with that, given where we were before the introduction of Holyrood.

If there was another referendum I'd still vote Yes, though.

Archived