Possible Yes Scotland revival/indy without referendum?

Mr Bairn

A group calling themselves "Scottish not-British" have posted this message on their facebook page

so, have you guys been following the FB planning discussions?

there's talk of keeping 'yes scotland' and turning it into a political party, standing with the white paper as the manifesto.

apparently if we could get scotland to elect 30 mp's from said party in westminster general elections, that would, legally speaking, be a legal mandate for declaration of independence, WITHOUT a referendum being required.

https://www.facebook.com/ScotsnotBrits

Surely it's bullshit?

there's talk of keeping 'yes scotland' and turning it into a political party, standing with the white paper as the manifesto.

apparently if we could get scotland to elect 30 mp's from said party in westminster general elections, that would, legally speaking, be a legal mandate for declaration of independence, WITHOUT a referendum being required.

Good heavens. What next, a Rhodesian-style UDI?

Can't believe Scotland said no all that our country stood for,pretty much wiped under the carpet to save british history,total joke.I feel so embarrassed I look at our country and people in a total different way now,wat a chance for our country..now gone

By the time they let Scotland go, I'd expect the enfire Western maratine boundary area to go for 'defense' purposes after more oil is found there and for all financial institutions to be bankrupted with no bail outs in the run up. The NHS will be gone as the last of the remaining 'crown jewels' into private hands, paid education will be the norm, old people facing 20k+ bills per year for care will be something every family in Scotland needa to prepare for.

Once we are secured as customers (rather than us all being entitled to things for free when we need them.most) of health care, education and elderly care then we will be free to do anything we want.

By the time they let Scotland go, I'd expect the enfire Western maratine boundary area to go for 'defense' purposes after more oil is found there and for all financial institutions to be bankrupted with no bail outs in the run up. The NHS will be gone as the last of the remaining 'crown jewels' into private hands, paid education will be the norm, old people facing 20k+ bills per year for care will be something every family in Scotland needa to prepare for.

Once we are secured as customers (rather than us all being entitled to things for free when we need them.most) of health care, education and elderly care then we will be free to do anything we want.

:(

That's pretty much my line of thinking at the mo.

Great news.

The splintering of the nationalists begins. When they divide themselves they will be far less of a force.

30 MP's though :lol:

By the time te next election comes around, theyll all be behind the SNP.

The other parties could settle their differences(?) by then, so every election can be yes v no for all time, its the WM parties only hope, now.

one positive to take out of this f%ckin stramash is how good the kids did ( 16-18) ..some very clever and informed youth,s got media airtime ... well done ,i enjoyed listening to you.... when i was your age , i could have owned EVO STICK......bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived