The way forward

git-intae-thum

Everyone who believes Scotland can and should be a succesful independent nation is hurting at the moment.

However, 45% of the vote would seem like a good base line to build on (particularly as half the oppositions support will be deid soon????).

Forget the devomax con, how do independence supporters see the way forward.

What actions/events would/could result in another referendum? ......Euro referendum results and broken vows come to mind.

Do we really need Westminster assent. Surely the SP could organise its own referendum...to deny legitimacy would seem like lunacy on Westminsters behalf.

Everyone who believes Scotland can and should be a succesful independent nation is hurting at the moment.

However, 45% of the vote would seem like a good base line to build on (particularly as half the oppositions support will be deid soon).

Forget the devomax con, how do independence supporters see the way forward.

What actions/events would/could result in another referendum? ......Euro referendum results and broken vows come to mind.

Do we really need Westminster assent. Surely the SP could organise its own referendum...to deny legitimacy would seem like lunacy on Westminsters behalf.

IIRC there was an 84% average vote, make voting compulsory then the vote will reflect the entire country, democracy at it's best.

*unless you object to being forced to vote.

The WM parties would campaign for people not to vote, it would turn out like that weird gay vote we had a few years back.

Now if you could organise a verifiable petition of registered voters, with 1.9mill names minimum asking for a re-run, or if you could unite and organise 1.5 million yes voters behind one party, you might see something happen.

For me personally I think we all need to look at what we can do individually to help those that were in Poverty. I donated the £100 I would have celebrating this weekend to my local food bank this morning. We all need to do a bit more to help.

:lol:

????probably at least 1.5 million of which were scared or misguided.

About to be let down dreadfully by Toom Broon Tabbard, and the Westminster chuckle brothers.

On top of that the worst of austerity still to come.

We will be back at this juncture soon enough. Might take a bit longer but you are just delaying the inevitable.

But I think in your heart of hearts you know that.

probably at least 1.5 million of which were scared or misguided.

About to be let down dreadfully by Toom Broon Tabbard, and the Westminster chuckle brothers.

On top of that the worst of austerity still to come.

We will be back at this juncture soon enough. Might take a bit longer but you are just delaying the inevitable.

But I think in your heart of hearts you know that.

What we all knew in our heart of hearts is that the yes camp were only going to accept a yes, they were never going to accept a no and move on. they would have been on their democratic high horses if the result had been reversed right enough.

I have no doubt that Scottish independence is inevitable.

But a referendum within the next 10 years would be a terrible idea. Folk would be so pissed off that they would just vote No again - its proper toys out the pram stuff.

We have to leave it 15-20 years and then take our chance.

The way forward is to stay active in whatever political movement suits you best - and keep arguing the case whenever it comes up. WM will f**k up again - foreign wars, mismanagement of the economy, expenses, MP's pay rise - or something new and equally despicable to the ordinary punter.

The Edinburgh Agreement stated that both sides would respect the decision and so we, as the losers, must do exactly that.

What we all knew in our heart of hearts is that the yes camp were only going to accept a yes, they were never going to accept a no and move on. they would have been on their democratic high horses if the result had been reversed right enough.

Its just the nature of the campaigns. It is up to the pro independence side to keep persuading.

Its up to the unionists to try and stop that advance.

In the long term though there is only one outcome.

Yeah I'm really annoyed that Salmond is refusing to accept this and trying to get the courts involved. Did I hear him mention that he wanted another referendum next Thursday?

Just to be clear chief - your posts on here are truly the posts of a cretin. You are treating this like a football match and its pretty embarrassing.

Archived