Labour Party - F&&ked Without Scotland

DAFC

Is the real reason Darling and his colleagues so bothered because their cushy rose on a donkey voters are now turning away from them and their overpaid jobs in Westminster?

Seriously if not can someone show me how how many elections Labour would have won without Scotland?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the real reason Darling and his colleagues so bothered because their cushy rose on a donkey voters are now turning away from them and their overpaid jobs in Westminster?

Seriously if not can someone show me how how many elections Labour would have won without Scotland?

Labour are fucked up here, and I shall dance on their grave on Friday.

The electoral boundaries have changed fairly recently though, that graphic is a true representation of the past picture but not necessarily the future. Labour probably don't "need" us to get elected but they need us a lot more than they used to.

This is one thing I don't understand about the anti-Tory rhetoric of some in the Yes campaign.

They claim they hate the Tories and want to kick them out of Scotland. Surely, removing Scotland from the UK will make it much easier for the Tories to be elected to Westminster in future. It seems an odd attitude for someone who hates Tories to reward them with more power in future.

There's also the suggestion that removing Tories from Scotland will result in a more just society. That may well be true, but the logical flipside of that is that it will result in a much more injust society souht of the border. So they're willing to create a more injust society for 60 million people just so they can have a more just society for the 5 million north of the border? Sounds pretty callous and selfish to me.

This is one thing I don't understand about the anti-Tory rhetoric of some in the Yes campaign.

They claim they hate the Tories and want to kick them out of Scotland. Surely, removing Scotland from the UK will make it much easier for the Tories to be elected to Westminster in future. It seems an odd attitude for someone who hates Tories to reward them with more power in future.

There's also the suggestion that removing Tories from Scotland will result in a more just society. That may well be true, but the logical flipside of that is that it will result in a much more injust society souht of the border. So they're willing to create a more injust society for 60 million people just so they can have a more just society for the 5 million north of the border? Sounds pretty callous and selfish to me.

Its called self-determination. The Scottish people will vote for who they want and the English will vote for who they want. If the English continue to choose to vote in the Tories then that is their right and nothing at all to do with the Scots.

Its called self-determination. The Scottish people will vote for who they want and the English will vote for who they want. If the English continue to choose to vote in the Tories then that is their right and nothing at all to do with the Scots.

That's a perfectly valid argument, of course.

Except, of course, that a non-zero number of those people are friends and relatives of those of us living in Scotland. I am, personally, uncomfortable with the idea that the poorer end of those people might end up with the shitty end of the stick due to a decision taken up here.

Since this campaign has begun, I've came to loath Labour more than the Tories.

100% agree. At least the Tories stand up and say, fcuk that, we're not giving Scotland any more powers. Labour back benchers just stfu and go along perpetuating the lie.

Labour should never win another election on either side, but specifically North of the border.

I'd hope the Scottish Green party become a solid alternative to opposition in Scotland with or without Independence.

Labour stopped being labour with B'liar and his crew. They are no more the party of 'the working man' than the tories. Career gravy-trainers with directorships and loads of outside interests with no conception of real life in jobless towns across Scotland. Changed days from ex-union stewards who had the interests of their ex-colleagues and the local people at heart. Labour are so over no matter what happens tomorrow.

That's a perfectly valid argument, of course.

Except, of course, that a non-zero number of those people are friends and relatives of those of us living in Scotland. I am, personally, uncomfortable with the idea that the poorer end of those people might end up with the shitty end of the stick due to a decision taken up here.

Scots have only had a say in the outcome of a General Election twice since World War 2.

It's English people who keep electing Tories, not Scots who stop them getting elected.

Scots have only had a say in the outcome of a General Election twice since World War 2.

It's English people who keep electing Tories, not Scots who stop them getting elected.

Nonsense. A Scottish person has had just as much say as an English person.

Archived