Jack Harper

jamiefitz

It's actually common for people who grow up speaking more than one language to have different accents in different languages.

I know a guy who was born in Wales and has two Welsh parents, but he's lived in Spain all his life. He has the strongest Welsh accent going, but when he speaks Spanish he sounds like a born and raised Spaniard to other Spanish speakers and apparently has no trace of Welsh in his accent.

My missus(and 2 of her sisters) were born and brought up in Swtizerland, but when they speak English they sound as Scottish as Irn-Bru. Their mother is Scottish and father Swiss. Strange thing is that although almost all the family speak perfect English, my missus didn't really learn English until she met me. Probably why she put up with me at the time, convincing herself that I was saying sweet and romantic things....

Edited by Ross.

Maybe he wasn't fit. Maybe they were saving him for another game. Maybe he's not actually very good. It's pretty hard to speculate on a guy who has not played a single game of senior football in his life, and who most posters on here will only have seen playing for less than two hours of football.

Most of the rest of the team haven't played any senior football either - yet Harper has been the shining light in the Real Madrid u19 Champions League team.

Hasn't started. Half time it's 0-0. We'll see if he gets on.

From what I've been able to see on the terrible Lithuanian TV link it's been a pretty poor game.

Why, when our centre backs are under absolutely no pressure at all, are they playing 60-yard long balls?? Is Ricky Sbragia Gary Caldwell in disguise?

Really quite unimpressed. Thought we had got past that.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

Most of the rest of the team haven't played any senior football either - yet Harper has been the shining light in the Real Madrid u19 Champions League team.

Hasn't started. Half time it's 0-0. We'll see if he gets on.

He played well in one game and then was a sub for the second one.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Uefa website, he played and scored in today's Youth Champs League 3-2 defeat against Liverpool.

Seems strange he plays and frequently scores for arguably the worlds biggest club, yet can't get a game for the equivalent age group for his country.

According to the Uefa website, he played and scored in today's Youth Champs League 3-2 defeat against Liverpool.

Seems strange he plays and frequently scores for arguably the worlds biggest club, yet can't get a game for the equivalent age group for his country.

Hope he doesn't u-turn and end up playing for Ireland

I genuinely wouldn't blame him, if he decided to look at other options.

I thought he had been involved at youth level for Scotland... Am I wrong?

If he's any good he will likely choose to play for Spain, and who could blame him.

• 2 weeks later...